Blevins Last name sound familiar to you

Briana Morris

May 29, 2008
I've been working on a family tree and I was showing my uncle the information I had gathered. He told me that he had heard that one of the Blevins' in my family had died on the Titanic (probably my great-great-great-great grandfather and I have no idea what his name was). Perhaps he was a passenger or maybe a servant. I'm not sure of this man's first name, but his last name was Blevins.

Who knows, this may not be true, but it is very interesting. I've come to find that as I work on my family tree, I want to know more than just the names...I want to know the life-stories.

HaHa, maybe I just want my family to be involved in a part of history, but it would be amazing! When my uncle told me this about someone in my family, I really wanted to research it, but I've tried looking around and I can't seem to find anything regarding anybody with the last name Blevins. I hope I find something.

I'd really appreciate any information anyone has about Mr. Blevins because I have a feeling it's going to be EXTREMELY difficult to find information about a middle-class (as far as I know) gentleman. Thanks!

H

Holly Peterson

I'm sorry, Briana, but nobody with the name of Blevins or anything like it appears on the Titanic's passenger or crew list.

Rumors like this circulate all the time, such as the story of a man named 'Frank Towers' who survived the Titanic, Empress of Ireland and Lusitania sinkings. I'm not saying that your uncle is lying, but he is probably mistaken.

Welcome to the board, Briana, and I hope to see you around!

-Holly 'Alzbeta' Peterson