Boat 8 Passenger

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>Republicans throughout the World have traditionally had no problem figuring how to sort all this aristocratic stuff out. Especially the French.<<

Something about amputating everything from the neck up.

You run out of aristocrats and royalty pretty quickly that way, but it does spare one the trouble of trying to work out who gets what title.

A

Alyson Jones

Marilyn hi. I was stating that a queen or princess can only be in charge when there is *No Air To The Thorn* avialble!If the King dies the queen takes over.When the king and Queen have babies,and no male born babies are born Air to the Thorn, automatically it goes to the older daughter. I was never saying that women can't be in charge in the royal family,but i was saying in the public life i was.
wink.gif

A

Alyson Jones

Oh [edited by MAB to remove inappropriate language], look it's the spell detector man (joke) i meant Throne.
It's not my fault i can't spell

Mab sir.Can you please stop picking on me, pretty please.

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>If the King dies the queen takes over.<<

Actually, it really doesn't work that way unless the Queen happened to be a co-regent as William and Mary were. In fact, the Queen Consort isn't...to my knowladge...even in the line of succession.

When George The Sixth passed away, the throne went to his oldest daughter, Princess Elizabeth with Princess Margeret second in line. Had king George had a son, even if he had been the youngest, he would have inherited the throne. When the now Queen Elizabeth the Second had her children, they took precendence in the line of succession.

Mark Baber

Dec 29, 2000
Alyson, you've admitted (and demonstrated) that when you care to, you can compose messages that are grammatical and correctly spelled, but you are evidently unwilling to do that on a consistent basis. That's a sign of great disrespect to the message board and its members.

A

Alyson Jones

Michael Sir.That's what i meant in the first place. The male kids get the throne before the females do.
That's what i meant in my very first post when i said men rule.

May 3, 2005
Getting back to The Countess of Rothes...Which crewmen was it that said that he put the Countess at the tiller since she was so talkative... or something to that effect ? Or is that another of the "mythos" ?

Dec 5, 2008
>>"Mab sir.Can you please stop picking on me, pretty please."<<

Alyson, I would hardly say that he is picking on you specifically - he is just pointing out things you should know in order for you to correct them.

He has done the same thing to me in the past when I made an error, (I believe I accidentally wrote flounder instead of founder) and I simply corrected the mistake and didn't think twice. It is not a personal attack on you, he is simply trying to help, and you should be grateful he is putting in the effort at all. Do not take it so personally, and if it is upsetting you, simply correct the errors. As said, you have proven you can do it - simply take the time and effort to make it a continuous thing and you won't have this problem.

No one on the board is going out of their way to make things difficult for you.

And Robert, I believe it was able seamen Thomas Jones who put the Countess in charge.

Senator Newlands: Can you give the names of any passengers on this boat?
Witness: One lady–she had a lot to say and I put her to steering the boat.
Senator Newlands: What was her name?
Witness: Lady Rothes; she was a countess or something.

A

Alyson Jones

>>Alyson, you've admitted (and demonstrated) that when you care to, you can compose messages that are grammatical and correctly spelled, but you are evidently unwilling to do that on a consistent basis. That's a sign of great disrespect to the message board and its members.<<

Oh No.Mab Sir, I respect you and others. I really do have bad spelling problems.I do and try and type professionaly most of the time sir,i really do.But i appreciate you for talking to me in a good manner.
happy.gif
I try harder,i promise!

Kat, I appreciate you talking to me in a proper manner.
happy.gif
point taken!

Jan 28, 2003
Sounds a bit like poor Seaman Jones was at his wits end how to shut the Countess up. Give her a job! How very sensible. I've done the same myself. Send the mouthiest student out to do some research on his/her own. And I do believe people have done it to me too, in the past.
"Mon. Someone's got to monitor the quality control on the production line. That'd be you."

And I don't blame them.

Bob Godfrey

Nov 22, 2002
UK
Kat, hopefully you didn't really mean to say that Jones "put the Countess in charge". We've covered that ground! :)

Mon: Finished my calculations at last. The combined age of all the left-handed stokers was 3,564 years (all double checked as requested). And Paul is working hard on translating the wine list into Sanskrit. The only thing we can't figure is why you want this kind of information.

Jan 28, 2003
Well, one just does really, Bob, one just does. And it keeps all the elderly busy. Except me, of course. And I must tell you that translating the wine list into Sanskrit is quite futile; it should have been in Urdu, because they need to know what to avoid. And, as a victim of it, I think they are absolutely right. Cheers! Or maybe, not...

Dec 5, 2008
lol! Of course not, Bob! Looks like I'm having a little trouble translating to paper lately! I think I'm stretched a little to thin as of late. I'm moving to China next month, and between that, school and work, I think my mind is starting to slow down to punish me, lol.

And as for the 'keep them busy to shut them up' trick, Monica, I think I'm starting to question my entire life up until this point, now... I'm afraid that has happened one too many times for comfort I'm afraid - but with good reason, I'm sure! ;)

Jan 28, 2003
We're relying on you here, Kat. Just explode into the 21st Century and no worries. You won't live for ever, because nobody does, but you could manage quite well - without ghastly surgery, strange cosmetics, and peculiar religions.

Dec 5, 2008
>>"without ghastly surgery, strange cosmetics, and peculiar religions."<<

You don't have to worry about me there. I've worn make-up twice in the last year (2008!), think plastic surgery is a joke, and am an adamant agnostic!

The future will have more trouble from the Miley Cyrus' of the world than from me! :p

May 1, 2004
Alyson's post:
Marilyn hi. I was stating that a queen or princess can only be in charge when there is *No Air To The Thorn* avialble!If the King dies the queen takes over.When the king and Queen have babies,and no male born babies are born Air to the Thorn, automatically it goes to the older daughter. I was never saying that women can't be in charge in the royal family,but i was saying in the public life i was. "

Hi Alyson,
[Sorry, I can't resist the mind image of Her Majesty, about to sit on a thorn on her throne; then jumping up and waving her fan behind her behind, to blow air on the hurt place.]
[Those no longer interested in the Royal Succession, stop reading now.]
Among the children of a king or queen, there are two kinds of heirs to the throne.
Let's take King George VI. He had two daughters: Elizabeth was the elder. She was the Heir PRESUMPTIVE, because under the law, she was presumed to be the next monarch until she had a brother. If a boy was born to her parents, he, not Elizabeth or Margaret, would be the next in line. No presuming about it, he was the Heir APPARENT - the heir in plain sight and nothing but his death could keep him from the throne.
Elizabeth did not have a brother and she became Queen Elizabeth II, monarch of Great Britain, Canada, etc. and I believe of Australia at the time. Her mother became Queen-Mother, but she had no ruling responsibilities.
Neither does the Queen's husband, Prince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh.
Prince Charles is their eldest child, and is the Heir Apparent. If Princes Andrew and Edward were not born, and Charles had no sons, Princess Anne would have been Queen after him, and her son would be King after her. Spouses don't count. Children do.
As it is, Prince William becomes King after Prince Charles, and Prince Harry is after him until William marries and has sons and daughters. Prince Andrew and then Princess Beatrice and her children (if she has children by that time) come after them if they don't have kids.
Ain't royal inheritance grand?

A

Alyson Jones

>>I can't resist the mind image of Her Majesty, about to sit on a thorn on her throne; then jumping up and waving her fan behind her behind, to blow air on the hurt place<<

Hello Marilyn.

I see that my bad spelling is becomming a joke lol.

I don't know much about the Royal Family,so i may have been wrong some ways,but it seems i was right about the males heirs to the throne get the proiety before females do.