Boat Deck Photographs: Identities of Subjects

Dec 30, 2011
There are two photographs which were taken on Titanic's boat desk looking towards Second Class. I always thought Father Browne was the photographer, but I recently read they are the work of a newspaperman, although I cannot recall which newspaper he worked for. I am trying to identify the people in these pictures. Who are the man and little girl who are strolling on the right hand side of the funnels? I've always hoped it was Benjamin Hart and his daughter Eva. Is that so? And does anyone know the identities of the threesome in the other photograph--they are situated to the left of the funnels?

A thread on this topic probably exists somewhere, but I am rather new to this site and I am SLOWLY finding my way around...

Thanks for your help.

Nov 22, 2000
Gentlemen, I have always maintained that the man with the Dolings was Henry Price Hodges, even though others have told me otherwise. It would make sense as Hodges was travelling with the Dolings. I met Elsie Doling's daughter once and she was of the same opinion.

Geoff

May 12, 2005
Cook,

And your own Mr. Beesley was photographed in the gym itself was he not? And also later on Carpathia. I recall he was posed with ladies in both pictures. Who were they, I wonder?

Randy

Pat Cook

Apr 27, 2000
To the best of my knowledge, the lady in the photo with Lawrence B. in the Titanic gymnasium was a friend of his who was visiting him and disembarked before the ship left Southampton (this whole episode, as you know, was covered in his book) - photo taken by the Illustrated London News photographer. Sadly, I have never discovered her name. The photo, taken by the Fenwicks, on the Carpathia shows Lawrence stand between Hilda Slayter and another woman (suspicions have come forth that she may be Fanny Kelly, who was Slayter's cabin mate on the big T.)

Best regards, as always, O M
Cook

Sally Baker

May 18, 2017
Gentlemen, I have always maintained that the man with the Dolings was Henry Price Hodges, even though others have told me otherwise. It would make sense as Hodges was travelling with the Dolings. I met Elsie Doling's daughter once and she was of the same opinion.

Geoff
Hi, I am Henry's Great great Niece. I have just looked at the photo with the Dolings on deck and very close up at the man with them and it quite possibly could be him as he did have a mustache and close up you can see so does the guy in photo. Still trying to work out who the Dolings were to him if you have any information, much appreciated.