Book Reviews

Nov 9, 2008
Does anyone know where I can find some book reviews for A Night to Remember? I'm writing a paper on the book and I can't find any reviews on it.

Dave Gittins

Apr 11, 2001
Don't take the review too seriously. ANTR is not " one of the most historic and definitive classics of our time". It's a great read and very entertaining, but it's sadly out of date today. It's certainly not definitive. It's a nice book to start with, as many have, but it's time to move on.

Nov 9, 2008
Thanks for the review but I need something a little bit more scholarly.

Dave: Yeah I just need something a little scholarly for the paper. I found a really good article called Titanic 'down under' I forget the rest of the name of the article it was really good. I also found some good stuff in Down with the old Canoe by Steven Biel. The paper is more or less about the cultural impact and using A Night to Remember. But i agree a good book but definitly outdated and I have other problems ith the book as well. Thanks for your help anyway.

Mark Baber

Dec 29, 2000
Courtney---

Your local library should have, or be able to get for you, The New York Times Book Review for 20 November 1955, when ANTR was reviewed. There's also an Index to Book Reviews (or something like that) that will give you citations to other reviews, which your library can help you track down.