Boxhall's immediate family

Wendi Ignace

Aug 4, 2004
so.....can someone tell me what the age difference were between Boxhall and his sisters......which one was he closer to......his older sister Violet...........or his younger sister Mabel.......and what kind of relationship did he have with his parents.......didn't his father get remarried........did he have any step brother's or sisters.........man.....just listen to me.......you're probably thinking......what with all the question.........i don't know.......i just want to find out what Boxhall's family life was like.......he is obviously my favorite officer from the Titanic and he just captivates me somehow......these poeple......like the ship can put a real spell over a person.......

Wendi
Canada

Inger Sheil

Dec 3, 2000
I'll have to look up their birthdays to see the exact age gaps, Wendi. He was closest to Mabel - she looked remarkably like him, if you can imagine his features cast in a female form. Mabel - 'Mae' - was a very sweet natured, gentle person, from what her daughter told me. Violet married a ship's engineer, and JGB also had a friendly relationship with his brother-in-law.

He had an excellent relationship with both his parents - when sailing on different ships with the Wilson Line, father and son would try to meet up in foreign ports. Captain Boxhall also had an almost paternal concern for the officers serving under him, and would give them advice when they went ashore. His father did remarry, very happily indeed - from what the family have told me, his second wife was an absolutely lovely lady.

I have a scanner now, but haven't had it hooked up at home yet. Once I've accomplished that I'll be able to complete the Boxhall bio for 'On Watch'.

Wendi Ignace

Aug 4, 2004
thanks so much Inger.......
both of them must of looked like thier mother......like i have seen the picture of JGB's dad......and he really doesn't look much like his father......so he and his sister must look like their mother.......so did the mother pass away......i mean that's what i'm thinking for Captain Boxhall to remarry.......divorce wasn't a common thing back then.......

anyway gotta go.......thanks again.....i have said it before and i'll say it again........i sssssooooo can't wait for that Boxhall Bio......as well as those pictures......

Wendi

Wendi Ignace

Aug 4, 2004
hey Inger.........
just out of curiousity......JGB's father go remarried right.......so what happened to his mother.......did she pass away or something.........i mean divorce in that day in age was out of the question......so what happened?????

Wendi
the always curious canuck....LOL

Inger Sheil

Dec 3, 2000
Hallo Wendy - always good to see you.

Miriam Boxhall did predecease her husband. Captain Joseph Boxhall seems to have been fortunate in both his marriages.

I can't really recall if JGB resembled his mother - I don't know if there are many pictures of her extant. She had a granddaughter named after her.