Breath Fresheners?

Arun Vajpey

Apr 21, 2009
I am guessing that bad breath must have been a rather bigger problem in those days than it is now. That being the case, were mint drops or similar breath fresheners available?

Harland Duzen

Jan 14, 2017
Good question, but at least we know they had the complementary Vinolia Soap in their cabins if they were desperate! ;)

Rob Lawes

Jun 13, 2012
England
It's my belief that during the break up, the vigorous interaction of all those complementary soap bars and the salt water, created a huge amount of frothy bubbles which contributed significantly to the bow resurfacing.

;)

robert warren

Feb 19, 2016
I believe they had toothpaste or powder.I don't know if they had mouthwash, or if so it was more medicine than anything.I believe 1st class had complimentary toothpaste jars provided since one of these was recovered. I do know they had something called cacheous,(pronounced the same as cashews),which was a breath freshener in use since the late 19th century.Soft mint candies may have used as well.

Bob Godfrey

Nov 22, 2002
UK
I've heard that you've made a little extra cash throughout your life by working as an artist's model, Jim. And there's the proof! :)

Reactions: Rob Lawes