Bring it up

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rolf Vonk

Good evening,

I hope this whole point is a fairytale. It would be terrible when they are trying to get Titanic up to the surface or even another piece. I think the raising of the Big piece was allready a laughable spectacle. Just to make a big circus of Titanic and get some more attention. Aarghh RIDICULOUS!!

Much greetings Rollie
happy.gif

Jul 9, 2000
Easley South Carolina
Frans, if your teacher said or even suggested they were going to raise the whole thing, then I respectfully suggest she got her wire crossed big time!

There are very few of the members here who haven't seen the Discovery special you mentioned. In fact, I have it on tape. The objective was to bring up a hull fragment which is now known as The Big Peice. The expedition was successful in this, although they nearly failed. The first attempt to bring it up failed and they had to go back for it a year later, and they very nearly lost it again. (Watch the documentary again for yourself if you don't beleive me.)

Bottom line on raising the wreck; it's just not going to happen.

Cordially,
Michael H. Standart

F

Frans J. Vossenberg

For real my teacher said that there going to raise the titanic. And this is true! She may have seen the hull one on discovery channel. But she saw a different one and they are going to raise the titanic. Maybe it was on a different channel.

Mar 20, 2000
For the third time or so - they ARE NOT raising the Titanic. Your teacher was wrong. Don't you think you'd have heard about it yourself if the Titanic was being raised? You wouldn't have to rely on your teacher's word if something like that was happening. It would be the top news story. Everyone would know about it.

F

Frans J. Vossenberg

My teacher said they are going to raise it for real. And you guys must be crazy or something. I mean she is'nt crazy she heard it herself!

F

Frans J. Vossenberg

Well if you guys don't respond to my new message. Then i will just add a new message. Here is my new one how much would i have to give to George Tulloch to buy the hull that they raised? Because i have now $8.93 dollars. I need to know because i maybe buy it from him. How could i buy it from him?

K

Kathy Savadel

Hello, Frans,

An excellent source to find out the current status of the wreck of the Titanic, as well as any plans for salvage/retrieval, would be the website of RMS Titanic, Inc.:

http://www.titanic-online.com

Sincerely,

Kathy Savadel

Jul 9, 2000
Easley South Carolina
Frans said;"My teacher said they were going to raise it for real."

With all due respect to you and your teacher, so what?

Fran said further"I mean she is'nt crazy she heard it herself."

Oh? From who and based on what? What is the primary source?

I appreciate you're faith in her, but even teachers are only human. They make mistakes, mishear things or take things out of context like anyone else. Also you have some who are just as gullible as anyone you could ever find.

To re-iterate, raising a ship the size of the Titanic in whole or even in signifigant parts is ABSOLUTELY impossible at the current state of the art. It just can't be done. That section of hull plating took at least two attempts over two seasons to bring it up and they very nearly lost it again just as they were hauling it on deck. What do you think the engineering challanges would be to bringing up nearly 53,000 ton of ship and the assocciated debris would be like?

Remember, the Titanic is in two very large peices and thousands of lesser peices, and the stern section is a hopeless jumble of wreckage with NO structural integrity of any kind.

Not to sound harsh, but it's time for teacher to take a reality check. She simply doesn't know what she's talking about.

Cordially,
Michael H. Standart

Mar 20, 2000
Michael,

You have the patience of that guy from the Bible whose name I can't think of!

Sorry to say this but I really think dear Frans is pulling our collective legs and is therefore undeserving of the knowledge being shared with him.

Frans needs to know this is a serious forum - most of the time - and what comic relief there is ought to at least be intelligent.

Can you say: "TROLL ALERT?"

Randy

F

Frans J. Vossenberg

I just found that there going to raise the titanic! Go to www.elibrary.com and put in Raise The Titanic Wreck you will find lost and loads of stuff.

Sep 20, 2000
Really, Michael! Haven't we been down this road about 7 times already lately?
wink.gif

"Well, my teacher said so ... What are you guys, nuts?!"
Oh, sure! ... Right! ... I believe it!
crazy.gif

Jul 9, 2000
Easley South Carolina
Well shucks, I thought of replying to this guy directly, but what's the point? I'm just going to ignor it and let Big Phil (As in Phil Hind) deal with it when he get's the chance.

Cordially,
Michael H. Standart

Steve Arnold

Jun 28, 2000
Considering the spelling, capitalization, and punctuation errors in this kid's posts, NOTHING his teacher says can be taken seriously.

Mar 20, 2000
Looks like it's bye-bye Little Frans. You're in danger of being voted off. And I don't think any immunity challenge can save you.

Sep 20, 2000
Steve: Hee hee hee (Bravo!)

Michael: I might have implied something unintentionally in my follow-up.
But believe me, we're in complete agreement on this guy.
happy.gif

"Can you say 'Troll'? I'll bet ya can." (Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood)
wink.gif

Apr 7, 2001
Dear All Except Frans,

This one took the cake - - I was laughing all the way to the bottom of this thread. You guys were hilarious on this kid... J

Teri

Status
Not open for further replies.