Britannic Grand Staircase

Feb 21, 2005
Lars, I'm not sure that any painings ever existed for Britannic, since she was requisitioned as a hospital ship right smack dab in the middle of her fitting out. The work on making her "pretty" stopped and and it was the bare essentials as far as interior from there on in.

Steve Olguin

Mar 31, 2005
Thank you Lars, I have seen your work and keep it up!! Looks great!
Lars, I have never seen that before. Thank you very much for that. Do you perhaps have a larger version?

Lars Noorman

Aug 7, 2008
Steve,

Thanx for you kind words
happy.gif
What do you mean with a lager version??

Lars

Steve Olguin

Mar 31, 2005
Lars,

I have only seen a version of that GSC render posted on hospitalshipbritannic.com, but its cropped and has less detail. Is there a larger version of that?

Steve Olguin

Mar 31, 2005
I am finally finishing up the iron railing, finishing up the lighting, and giving the model the "final touches". I have all the wood carvings pretty much done, minus some around the door to the Pipe organ. (I am not even going to attempt a forward view of the staircase, as I believe it would have looked the same as it did on the other two ships)

I hope to finally bring this to life!

Here is a sneak preview:

133798.jpg

A close up of the railing in progress.

Does the coloring of the wood look okay? I know the lighting is a bit off, and I am trying to fix some shadow problems. But on my screen, it is shaping up okay. Opinions?

Nov 21, 2007
Here's a larger version of the picture
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:SSBritannica.jpg

Wow, Britannic would sure of been the cherry to top the Olympic class off.

Lars Noorman

Aug 7, 2008
Hello Rocky,

Sorry for the bad review i wasn't really awake;)

See this page:
http://www.hospitalshipbritannic.com/rms_adeck.htm

Read the text:

The image on the right was discovered by Günter Bäbler and comes from a product catalogue of Welte & Sons, a well-known manufacturer of pipe organs based in Germany. The caption identifies the organ as a Welte Philarmonie model installed on a big British liner. The comparison with the image on the left, seen in most books about the Britannic, leaves no doubts regarding the identity of the ship.

And look @ the picture:
The picture's discription said: Welte Philharmonie an Bord eines grossen engl.Damfers
it's German but i can give it a shot.
I think it's: Welte Philharmonie on a big English steamship.
So i think that that image is NOT the Britannic

Lars

Lars Noorman

Aug 7, 2008
Hmm XD I don't know but when i see that picture it doesn't feel to me, that that picture is the Britannic. @ the right of the pic, you can see 2 windows but i don't know if one of those were there because that's the place where the R&W room should be.

Lars