iceberggg

Nov 9, 2020
Alberta
Okay, the HMHS Britannic sunk some day in 1916 and some people died, but before that, where did all that paneling go before she dipped herself in white.

Reactions: 1 user

Cam Houseman

Jul 14, 2020
Maryland, USA
Thank you, but where is the paneling that was removed.
They were auctioned in Belfast, 1919. The carved paneling from the First Class Lounge, and Second Class Library from Britannic were placed in some place called the La Scala Theater/Open House in Dublin. It is now called the Capitol Theater.

Picture:
1605029320359.png

Ed Coghlan

Mar 10, 2007
They were auctioned in Belfast, 1919. The carved paneling from the First Class Lounge, and Second Class Library from Britannic were placed in some place called the La Scala Theater/Open House in Dublin. It is now called the Capitol Theater.

Picture:
View attachment 74400
The La Scala Theatre opened in 1920. Subsequently became the Capitol Cinema in Princes Street ( off O'Connell Street) in the heart of Dublin. It was demolished in the 1970's. Sorry I don't know what happened to interior paneling

Nov 14, 2005
Have always been impressed by the craftmanship of the carpenters and wood workers that built the liners of those days. You don't see that anymore. Well rarely anyhow. I can't remember the last time I've seen someone sign or stamp their work with their names. Pride of workmanship is a pet peeve of mine. I forget the gentlemens name (will have to look it up) but in one of the documentaries he showed his fathers name stamp that he used to stamp his woodwork when he worked on Titanic.

Cam Houseman

Jul 14, 2020
Maryland, USA
The La Scala Theatre opened in 1920. Subsequently became the Capitol Cinema in Princes Street ( off O'Connell Street) in the heart of Dublin. It was demolished in the 1970's. Sorry I don't know what happened to interior paneling
Hmmmm, thank you. The picture is accurate, I know that.
There was a recent auction of Britannic's fittings.

Cam Houseman

Jul 14, 2020
Maryland, USA
Have always been impressed by the craftmanship of the carpenters and wood workers that built the liners of those days. You don't see that anymore. Well rarely anyhow. I can't remember the last time I've seen someone sign or stamp their work with their names. Pride of workmanship is a pet peeve of mine. I forget the gentlemens name (will have to look it up) but in one of the documentaries he showed his fathers name stamp that he used to stamp his woodwork when he worked on Titanic.
Agreed!! The time and effort needed for the Craftmanship seems to be gone these days. On another note, we posted at the same time haha

Nov 14, 2005
Agreed!! The time and effort needed for the Craftmanship seems to be gone these days. On another note, we posted at the same time haha
Yes. There are some that do really good work today but they are far and few between. More artist than tradesmen. A lot of it is the buisness world...crank stuff out fast.

JJAstorII

Mar 14, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Second class library was sold last year at auction. First class Lounge is in a private house. On YouTube the guys from Honor and Glory tour the house. And I’m lucky enough to have some pieces as well.

Nov 14, 2005
Hahaha not rich or I’d own a LOT more but I just save and spend on these things when I get the opportunity. Then I usually pay it off on a charge etc
Good for you. Jump on the opportunity when you can. Sucks when you miss out on them. I saw a video once of a guy in England I believe that recreated one of Titanics rooms in his house. He did a really good job on it and if I recall right he started out with a few pieces he got from Olympic also and went from there.

Cam Houseman

Jul 14, 2020
Maryland, USA
Good for you. Jump on the opportunity when you can. Sucks when you miss out on them. I saw a video once of a guy in England I believe that recreated one of Titanics rooms in his house. He did a really good job on it and if I recall right he started out with a few pieces he got from Olympic also and went from there.
This is just me-
but I'd be happy with some authentic Titanic coal, and I would never sell it.

Nov 14, 2005
This is just me-
but I'd be happy with some authentic Titanic coal, and I would never sell it.
I don't think that is hard to come by. They brought a lot of it up and its for sale at a not too expensive price. I ate coal for 30 years so your welcome to my share...:).

Cam Houseman

Jul 14, 2020
Maryland, USA
I don't think that is hard to come by. They brought a lot of it up and its for sale at a not too expensive price. I ate coal for 30 years so your welcome to my share...:).
Hi uhhh....I'd like a Number 9...with a uhmmmmm order of Saltwater. Add some uhhhhhhhhhh Anti-Fouling with that, perhaps some rusticles. Uhhhhh, no remove the side of Rusticles please. Ummmmmmmmmmm, I'd like to order a Number 2, as well, uhhhhh that should be it, thank you

• Haha