Nov 14, 2005
I'm surprised. Was it tasty?????????
LOL. Not really. Depended on the seasoning. But seriously anyone that ever worked in a coal environment knows that it gets everywhere. It's why I can sympathize with the stokers and trimmers of those days. Although I know they had it much worse. I had options they didn't have. Those poor guys were pretty much stuck for the whole shift in close quarters with poor ventialation and very little protective gear if any. But I understand that the Olympic class ships were a lot better than other ships of those times. Or so I've read.

Reactions: 1 user
Nov 14, 2005
Hi uhhh....I'd like a Number 9...with a uhmmmmm order of Saltwater. Add some uhhhhhhhhhh Anti-Fouling with that, perhaps some rusticles. Uhhhhh, no remove the side of Rusticles please. Ummmmmmmmmmm, I'd like to order a Number 2, as well, uhhhhh that should be it, thank you
Actually what you wrote is closer than what one would think. In retrospect where I worked wasn't all that bad compared to other plants I had visited. They were almost criminal with the conditions they had. But it was different than what I've seen of coal burning ships. They shoveled in lumps of coal. A lot of coal burning boilers for power plant run it thru bowl mills and it comes out like talcum powder.

Nov 14, 2005
Back to topic of this thread. This is the guy I mentioned earlier in the thread. Says he got china and other stuff of the Olympic over the years and built his room.

Nov 14, 2005
Does he have any Britannic artifacts?
If your asking me I have no idea. I just remember seeing a news clip of the guy and then a couple of articles. He is certainly into it. It's his passion so good for him to follow up on it and finish it. Although anybody that does projects like these and others knows...It's really never done.

Dave Gittins

Mar 16, 2000
Getting away from frivolity, a pipe organ intended for Britannic is held in a Swiss museum. I believe it was supposed to be installed somewhere on the grand staircase. You can hear it played on YouTube. Google and ye shall find.

Reactions: 1 users