British Titanic Society 2003

Nov 22, 2000
Just to let you know that the next BTS Convention will be from April 11th to 13th 2003 at the Hilton
Hotel, Southampton. See you there!

Geoff

May 12, 2005
Sir Geoffrey, haven't you had enough of boozing and carrying on? Here you are planning to sponsor yet another drunken orgy of Titanimaniacs. For shame! Is there not a branch of AA in England?
happy.gif

Inger Sheil

Dec 3, 2000
Ditto on the above - if it wasn't for the burden on the Society, I'd propose at lease a twice-yearly (or better yet, twice monthly!) conferences. The Wenches of Southampton are already planning an extended stay next year - arrival on Thursday, departure on Monday. Word on the mean streets of Titanica has it that quite a few more folks from over the pond are hoping to attend, as well as some who couldn't make it this year. Geoff, you lot know how to throw a Conference!

Phil, it can't have been that bad...I'm *sure* I bought a round or two (or at least foolishly handed over my hotel authorisation to Molony to use to buy drinks).

~ Inger

Shane Kurup

Jan 4, 2001
I agree totally- I can't wait another year!! It seems like months since the last one, even though it's only been a week!

Shane

Phillip Gowan

Apr 10, 2001
Colleen,
Yes, of course you can all gang up at my place and we can fly over together. But I don't know whether the Florence airport could accommodate that many people in one day or not--it would probably be the busiest day in their history.

But seriously, we may have another South Carolina dinner in November. One of Robert Hichens' grandsons--"Bev"--ho lds a high position with his company and makes frequent trips to the United States. He also owns land in Tennessee and is a "Tennessee Squire." He and his wife Tina will be in Atlanta in November and they tentatively plan to come over for a visit. If that materializes, we'll have another dinner in their honor--who knows, we might even entice some other Titanic celebrities to come as well :).

Phil

J

Jemma Hyder

On a slightly less grander scale than one of Phils sophisticated dinners who's up for meeting up fora drink in London at some point? Are there enough of us about lol?

Shane Kurup

Jan 4, 2001
Hey Jem,

I was just thinking the other day how nice it would be if we could all meet in London for dinner in the Titanic restaurant in London or something similar someday?!

Shane

Inger Sheil

Dec 3, 2000
I'm always up for a drink! (No hot newsflash there - lol!). Dinner in Soho or somewhere - a Brick Lane curry? - so we can work through our Conference withdrawal symptoms together? Ben'd be up for it too, wouldn't he?

J

Jemma Hyder

Sure he would and Mark is quite local? OOOh I feel a night out coming on lol.

Ben Holme

Feb 11, 2001
Certainly would, Inger! Post-convention blues are setting in, big time
sad.gif
Great suggestion. Let me know when you're all available, and we can arrange something.

Ben

Pat Cook

Apr 27, 2000
Folks, may I humbly suggest the bar at the Texas Embassy restaurant. While Rose Ann and I cannot attend (and wish we could!) this seems an appropriate place for a Titanic gathering as it is located in the old "Oceanic House", as most of you undoubtedly know. In fact, as far as I could tell, the facade looks the same as it did in 1912. They also serve Tex-Mex food (not like we do here, of course!)

Just a suggestion. Wherever you go, think of us. I know we'll be thinking of you!

Warmest regards, as always,
Lord and Lady Cookie