Bruce Ismay's Servants

Mike

Dec 30, 2010
Did Bruce Ismay ever give any account of the whereabouts of his servants, Wm. Harrison and John Richard Fry, during the sinking? It's hard to imagine him climbing into collapsible boat C and leaving his employees behind on deck, especially since Mr. Fry had a wife and children at home. Was he perhaps separated from his servants during the confusion?

D

Daniel Rosenshine

Hi!

So far as I know and as I read, Mr Ismay made no mention of the whereabouts of his employees during the sinking.

It's quite likely, that since Mr Ismay was so preoccupied with what was going on, that the three men went their own separate ways that night, each meeting their own fate, at their own time.

Daniel.

Brian Meister

Mar 1, 2001
Dear Ms Milch,

Your last response is the last straw
for me. I am not sure where you came from,
but on this list, we confine ourselves to
reality. If you insist on bludgeoning us
to death with this babble about being
Bruce Ismay, I heartily encourage all my
fellow list members to never mention his
name again out of respect to the man who
you insist upon insulting with your drivel.
You have also not answered my previous
question posted to you....tell me about
the mirror.

Brian Meister

Dave Gittins

Apr 11, 2001
Well said, Brian!

I wonder whether the special tombstone that Ismay provided for Harrison says anything about his conscience. Then again, maybe two more dead employees among so many were a minor detail.

Teri Lynn Milch

Apr 7, 2001
Did not mean to upset you.

I am sorry but I did not see the question posted regarding a mirror. Please re-post this question and I will do my best to answer.

I am nothing but a kind-hearted person not quite like Bruce in 1912 and if someone has a question they would like to ask me about Bruce I am more
than willing to answer, they will get a direct one from me.

Teri
http://www.bruceismay.com

Brian Meister

Mar 1, 2001
Ms Milch,

There is no question about a mirror, only
a story. If you are Ismay, you can tell it
to all of us.

Brian

Teri Lynn Milch

Apr 7, 2001
Yeah, where is Senan when you need him? :+D

You won't be needing him, for I am here now. Ya see? But if you guys are rude to me, I won't answer any of your questions.

I like Brian the most, his last response was just the response I was looking for. Someone finally recognized me.

Teri
http://www.bruceismay.com

Anyway

Sam Brannigan

Feb 24, 2007
Teri

I am so glad to hear that you are a more kind hearted person than Bruce Ismay was in 1912.

Now, I have always wanted to know why Bruce wasn't such a "kind hearted" guy. Why not a "scared", or "panicking" guy

Perhaps you could explain to me in detail what was going through Bruce Ismays unkind heart on the morning of April 15th 1912 in the middle of the North Atlantic.

I thought not.

Please take your simplistic Hollywood inspired nonsense away from here once and for all.

Sam

Teri Lynn Milch

Apr 7, 2001
My Dearest Sam,

What was going through my mind the night of April 15th 1912? That I had to help as many people as I possibly could. After I got in the lifeboat I was stricken with numbness at the thought of so many people still onboard... My state of mind deteriorated after that.

Those closest to me saw that I was kind-hearted in nature. I did get scared and I panicked many times over, but never spoke of it.

It is true though that I played my part in the sinking of Titanic, for I should have had 64 lifeboats built on her as Mr. Thomas Andrews had originally requested. That was my grave mistake and believe me, I paid for it dearly.

Sincerely,

Bruce Ismay

Philip Hind

Staff member
Sep 1, 1996
England
Honoured as we are to have the former chariman of the White Star Line as a member of our little community I think it is perhaps time to stop indulging her(!).

Teri, If you wish to continue posting please do so under you own name and refrain from any further juvenile and uniformed claims to be Bruce Ismay. Believe it if you like but keep it to yourself. You are the umpteenth person, on this board, to have claimed to be reincarnated or whatever from a member of the crew or a passenger but none of these claims have anything to support them.

Inger once made the point that she had been reincarnated from a lowly fireman but who wasn't famous enough or rich enough to make it to a lifeboat and died fighting for his life in the water. How come only the rich get reincarnated it is so damn unfair!

Do not respond to this post, unless you wish to do so privately, this is the end of the Bruce / Teri debate, further discussion on this thread will be about Bruce Ismay's servants.

Philip Hind

Staff member
Sep 1, 1996
England
Non Standard Disclaimer

One would not have thought this were necessary in the real world but here goes. Just so there is no misunderstanding I would like to point out the following:

1. Inger does not really believe that she was reincarnated from a Fireman, she only said it to point out the idiocy of the various claims that go round.

2. We do not, nor ever have we referred to her as "Cokey the coal shuvla", "Stokes" or "Bernard the Boiler".

3. Irony really is dead it seems.

P.

Pat Cook

Apr 27, 2000
"It is not dead but doth sleep
Wakened yet soon among the fold
Whether truth beckoned from the deep
or shadow of same be told"

She's a caution, she is! Actually, I was going to post something here along there lines, Phil, but you beat me to it - ironic, isn't it?

A wink and a nod,
Cook

Neil McRae

Apr 16, 2001
As bad as it looked to have Ismay leave the ship when so many were still aboard (I know it's not nearly that simple, of course) it doesn't help that he also apparently left his valet and secretary along with his personal steward, Mr. Freeman.

What became of them? Did they get separated from Ismay? I suppose in Mr. Freeman's case, still technically being a member of the crew, he might have been given something to do, but what about Mr. Fry and Mr. Harrison? It makes sense to me Mr. Fry at least would be at his employers side. I can't imagine Ismay would just step into a boat and leave his valet just standing there.

Kyrila Scully

Apr 15, 2001
South Florida
And yet none of the three men serving him survived. (Ernest Freeman being the third.) Actually, that's exactly what Ismay did...he just stepped into the boat. Whether his servants were nearby is conjecture, but I doubt it. I can see the servants' relatives asking him the same question as you did, though.

Matt Smith

Sep 23, 2002
Well you guys I don't think it was so simple. I'm sure that if they were around they would have gotten on the lifeboat too. Isamy saw his chance and took it. Actually I don't find what he did so bad (if its true). There was no one around and he got on the lifeboat. It would have just have left anyway. He just saved on more life. His Own.