Builder's model presentation (?)

Milos Grkovic

Milos Grkovic

Solo 3D modeller and Artist
Greetings, everyone.

2 years ago, I've been planning to make a presentation on the History of the Olympic/Titanic/Britannic Builder's model.
However, with only finding a couple of photographs, I wasn't able to find the photo of the model being restored.
So if anyone knows where I can find that photo, please inform me.

Kind regards,

Milos

Reactions: Cam Houseman
Milos Grkovic

Milos Grkovic

Well, I guess I have to find it all by myself then since there's no one to help me. I'm sorry to say that I'll be leaving the message board. I can't take this anymore. I'm leaving this Friday. :(

Last edited:
  • Sad
Cam Houseman

Cam Houseman

When I get home from school I'll be happy to help!

Reactions: Milos Grkovic
Milos Grkovic

Milos Grkovic

I guess I'll be cancelling this project. Nobody helped me.

Milos Grkovic

Milos Grkovic

Well, my research only took like 5 or more months with only finding some piece of information about the model. I however, did find a photo of the model been restored, but after a while I lost the group and didn't manage to find it. :(

Seumas

Seumas

Well, my research only took like 5 or more months with only finding some piece of information about the model. I however, did find a photo of the model been restored, but after a while I lost the group and didn't manage to find it. :(
When it is safe to travel again and if you have the time and money to do so - a trip to Belfast and an appointment with the authorities in charge of H&W's archives may be what you need to find out the very specific information you are after.

Many Titanic researches end up doing a lot of globetrotting. For example, in the past some have had to go to Syria and Armenia to find out about the passengers who hailed from there.

Steven Christian

Steven Christian

When it is safe to travel again and if you have the time and money to do so - a trip to Belfast and an appointment with the authorities in charge of H&W's archives may be what you need to find out the very specific information you are after.

Many Titanic researches end up doing a lot of globetrotting. For example, in the past some have had to go to Syria and Armenia to find out about the passengers who hailed from there.
:(

Milos Grkovic

Milos Grkovic

I didn't mean that. What I meant by "group" was on Facebook.

Milos Grkovic

Milos Grkovic

I have to use this account that I'd created back in 2017 before I connected my Facebook one to this site do I have to apologise for been inactive for the past 5 months.

Do you remember the name?
No, unfortunately.

Milos Grkovic

Milos Grkovic

Change of plans. The presentation had to be cancelled due to two reasons:

1. I didn't manage to find a photo archive of the Builder's model in restoration from 1982 (Update: I did manage to find it but the site for it is down and the photo is really low res)
2. Personal issues and the start of college.

Last edited:
Milos Grkovic

Milos Grkovic

My original update on the Builder's model presentation:
"While going through the archive of the Liverpool Museums site (checking through the previous versions of it), I've managed to find the model in restoration, but it is really low resolution."

So, if anyone has a high quality resolution of this, you can send it to me privately as I don't want it to be leaked or illegally be used online.
Source: Builder's model of the Olympic/ Titanic, 1912 - Merseyside Maritime Museum, Liverpool museums