Building Titanic Model 1:250.

derek byrne

derek byrne

Just received the first two kits of the Die-Cast Club 1:250 Titanic model. Excited to get started but it will take about two years to complete. Anyone else doing the build?

J

Joe L

This is the first I'm hearing about this kit. Very interesting to say the least! I'm currently working on the Trumpeter 1:200 scale kit, which has been put on a temporary hold as I work my way through a 1:12 scale dollhouse for a special young lady recently added to my flock.

I will be investigating this die-cast kit as a possible distraction in the near future.

Have you a blog or something, for those of us who are interested in following along with your adventure?

derek byrne

derek byrne

I don't have plans for a blog as I am not very tech-savy. I built the Minicraft 1:350 a couple of years ago. Picture attached. I will certainly post pictures as the model progresses. Good luck with your projects.

Attachments

• 20200519_235254.jpg
    20200519_235254.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 127
D

drsamurai

Just received the first two kits of the Die-Cast Club 1:250 Titanic model. Excited to get started but it will take about two years to complete. Anyone else doing the build?
Hello, new here.

I've pre-ordered the Agora kit. I think it's the Hachette Titanic. 1/200 die-cast with loads of special features. Engine detail, smoke, full lighting, etc.

I hope it's ok for me to link to products in this forum?

Looks like the sub also will take about 2 years to run its course. I'm actually more excited about the magazine collection it includes.

I think the Eaglemoss 1/250 is planked hull. Way above my shipbuilding skill level unfortunately. The Agora one is all die-cast, like their amazing Bismarck kit.

Hope to have plenty of time to explore this encyclopedia site so that I can get all the details right. I joined here so that I can get those incredible deck plans!

BTW Derek I did the Eaglemoss BTTF Delorean and it is awesome. So you should have great expectations for their Titanic as well.

-drsamurai

derek byrne

derek byrne

The 1:200 model sounds great. Hope you upload pictures as your build progresses.
Derek

M

Martin Herbst

This is the first I'm hearing about this kit. Very interesting to say the least! I'm currently working on the Trumpeter 1:200 scale kit, which has been put on a temporary hold as I work my way through a 1:12 scale dollhouse for a special young lady recently added to my flock.

I will be investigating this die-cast kit as a possible distraction in the near future.

Have you a blog or something, for those of us who are interested in following along with your adventure?
Dear Joe,

I am working on the Trumpeter Titanic, too. I started in November 2020 and just installeed the officers deckhouse - so in a way real Harland and Wolff was faster than me... but I am a working father of two wonderfull little girls (I know the dollhouse thing... just build a replica of our village church LOL) and my shipyard has only one shift... night LOL.
I thought the model to be quite acurate at first, but when you start researching and digging into it you found a lot to improve and to scratch-build - which now is most of the fun for me. If you would like to exchange experiences or ideas I would be happy to hear from you. ([email protected])

Best wishes from Germany, Martin