Buried from the Carpathia

J

Jemma Hyder

Can anyone name with any degree of certainty anybody that was buried at sea from the Carpathia (there were only four or five in total) This EXCLUDES THE PHILLIPS POSSIBILITY! Any ideas?

Ben Holme

Feb 11, 2001
Hi Jemma,

Here are the "definites":

1. William Fisher Hoyt - 1st class
2. Sidney Seibert - Bedroom steward
3. William H. Lyons - Able seaman (on the evening of April 15th)
4. Unknown Fireman (from collapsible B, the rest having died aboard boat 14)

Possibilities:

1. Abraham Harmer - 3rd class (may have been the "unknown fireman" - see above)

2. Edvard Lindell - 3rd class (IMO, he was most likely lowered over the side of collapsible A to provide vital buoyancy.

I think that's all of them! Hope this helps.

Regards,
Ben

Pat Cook

Apr 26, 2000
Hi Ben,

One addendum to this - Abraham Harmer's real name was David Livshin.

Hope this is of some help.

Best regards,
Cook

Ben Holme

Feb 11, 2001
Hi Pat,

You're quite right. David Livshin was the man's real name. For some reason I had it in my mind that Livshin was the pseudonym!

Thanx OM.

Regards,
Ben

George Behe

Dec 11, 1999
Hi, Jemma!

I don't know if he was *buried* at sea, but Franz Willwerth *died* at sea during the Carpathia's 'Titanic voyage.' He was being deported from the U.S.

All my best,

George

May 8, 2001
George. What did Willwerth die from and how old was he? Was he being deported for some disease and he died before he got back home? Just a thought... Colleen

George Behe

Dec 11, 1999
Hi, Colleen!

Although I can't answer your questions at the moment, I hope a few tidbits will turn up after I've had a chance to delve a bit deeper into the subject. (Don't know when that'll be, though; too many subjects and too little time.) :)

All my best,

George

May 8, 2001
Hi George. Always good to see your name pop up. I will be most interested to hear what you find out.This would make a good trivia question. :)
Colleen