C. H. Lightoller and Richmond Slipways

Dec 10, 2015
In 1968 I lived at Richmond Slipway, I was 6 years old. My mum was employed to look after the old Mrs Lightollert who by then was quite frail. Mrs Rose and Colonel Lighteroller with their two daughters where people I saw from time to time, but I only remember meeting Miranda briefly in the summer when she returned from school.While I was there the Old Mrs Lightoller told me about her husband Lieutenant Lightoller who was on the Titanic and how he survived all the way to shore but died of pneumonia on arrival. I remember thinking how sad it was to loose some you loved and missed so much.I returned when I was pregnant with my daughter in 1987 but the place had become terribly run down and Mrs Rose had taken a place in London.By the time my daughter was 6 the place had been boarded up. Sometime later the house and workshops were replaced with a modern home and the once thriving business slipped into the past.

Will (4786)

Apr 29, 2019
Why do you think she said her husband died in 1912. when he lived until '52, do you think? An old woman's confusion, perhaps? Her son Roger was also a lieutenant, was he not? He passed in 1945 whilst on a raid and was also a seaman. Perhaps it all got very confusing for her at the end?