Cabin C73

Status
Not open for further replies.
Colter,

Have you got "Anatomy of the Titanic"? If so, turn to page 154, and the photo on the top left would be perfect to represent C74!

By the way what do you need the styles of all these cabins for?

Daniel.

Colter Addington

Former Member
Daniel,

I'm sorry but I don't have that book. (I have all of the other books but not that one!)I would very much appreciate it if you would please answer my question above if you can.

Also Daniel, you have been a real help to me and supplied me with more knowledge of the great ship. I don't know what this message board would do without you!

Colter,

In short, the cabin was in Modern Dutch style (the sycamore version). What books have you got? I may be able to point it out to you in another book. Have you got that really big book, I think its called the three sisters, Olympic, Titanic and Britannic? I haven't got it with me, but if you have it, I can check it later and let you know which page the image is on.

Daniel.

Colter Addington

Former Member
Daniel,

I have "The Titanic" by Geoff Tibballs, "Titanic" by Simon Adams, "Exploring the Titanic" by Robert D. Ballard, "Ken Marschall's Art of Titanic" by Rick Archbold, "Titanic Legacy of the World's Greatest Ocean Liner" by Susan Wels, and what all Titanic fans should have "A Night To Remember" by Walter Lord, and about five various children's books like "Inside the Titanic" by Ken Marschall.

Colter Addington

Former Member
On dkb.nl/mutters/index2_US.html at the bottom of the page is photos of First-Class Suites on Titanic. I think photo #3 (Luxe Cabin Louis XVI)is of C-63. Am I right?

Colter,

Yes the 3rd picture is the Louis XVI photo of C63. The 1st picture is the Dutch sycamore cabin, C74.

By the way these photos are from the Olympic in 1911 and not the Titanic.

Daniel.

Colter,

That exact photo is from the Olympic, and this cabin on Olympic was C65. On Titanic this very same cabin was C63. According to deck plans, the two cabins had the same furniture layout, and as they were the same style, Titanic's cabin would have looked exactly the same as on the photo.

Daniel.

Looking through the thread to see if it had already been answered but couldn't find it.
:)

Any information as to who the real
occupant(s) of C-73 would have been ?

Robert,

No one is known to have been in C73, it was probably vacant. However there are about 40 1st class passengers whose cabins are not known.

Daniel.

Status
Not open for further replies.