CABIN T

K

KAREN ANGSTADT

IF I'M LOOKING AT THE DECK PLAN RIGHT THERE WAS ONLY ONE PASSENGER CABIN(T)ON THE BOAT DECK. I DON'T REMEMBER READING ABOUT IT IN ANY OF MY BOOKS AND I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE KNEW HOW MUCH IT COST TO HAVE THAT CABIN?

Apr 26, 2005
Karen: Actually there was six passenger cabins on the Boat Deck, right after the grand staircase. They were named with the letters T, U, W, X, Y, Z. Presently we only know of one First Class passenger who had his stateroom there, Mr Stephen Weart Blackwell, and he paid approximately £35 10s for cabin “T”￾. Hope I helped,

Charles Provost

K

Karen Angstadt

Thank you very much. The more I look at this website the more interesting facts I find.

Dec 6, 2000
Karen, very few passengers paid the advertised room rates. Rooms T, U, W and X were each 60 pounds. Y was 50 pounds. Z was a two berth room at 47 pounds each for 2 or 85 pounds for 1 passenger.

Hope this helps.

Lester

R

Richard Dobrenel

HI,
I've read that Mr. Blackwell occupied the cabin "T" (£35 10s), but do you know who occupied the other cabins of this deck and where they were.
Thank you

Dec 6, 2000
Richard,

Below is a plan of the Boat Deck rooms. "T" is the only passenger cabin on the Boat Deck known to have been occupied.
112170.jpg

R

Richard Dobrenel

Hi,
sorry for disturbing you again, but does anybody know how these cabins were decorated?

Brian Ahern

Dec 19, 2002
I would imagine howling winds were an issue in these cabins. Some people would probably think that made them that much cosier.

Dec 7, 2000
Charles,

No, Mike McMillan and I did that a few years ago. It is VERY incomplete, this is just an early rendering that I had. I think I've posted that in colour elsewhere on ET before.

Daniel.

Senan Molony

Jan 30, 2004
Dublin
So Blackwell is the only passenger we know about who could have dressed for dinner and descended the Grand Staircase past Honour and Glory...

Interesting trivia question, in light of the Cameron movie.

Apr 20, 2010
i thought i saw on passenger list on this site that a passenger occupied another boat deck cabin cant remember which i think it was y