Cabins A4 and A3

N

Nathan Good

Does anyone have any detailed information about these cabins forward on A-deck? (A4 and/or A3)They appear to be about twice the size of the other A-deck cabins. Were they decorated differently or in any special manner? I am under the impression that these cabins were unoccupied but they appear from the First Class Accomodations to be quite large for A-deck. Does anyone have any information or know of any photographs of these cabins? It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

N.Good

Dec 7, 2000
So far as I know definitely no photos of these cabins from Titanic exist, but nothing similar on Olympic was photographed (so far as I know - I might be wrong). These rooms were quite large, the same size as the C deck suites, 18' by 11'. I suspect that the panelling was the same as in the Fr. Browne cabin, as for the beds, I'm not sure whether they would be wooden or brass, as both were found in the non period style cabins on C deck.

Daniel.

N

Nathan Good

Thank you for the information Mr. Klistorner. It was just what I wanted to know. When I was looking at the deck plan they just stood out as being larger than the others so I wondered if perhaps they were appointed differently than the other A-deck cabins.

Thanks Again

N. Good