Calling all Earthlings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philip Hind

Editor
Staff member
Sep 1, 1996
England
My friends from outer space and I have decided that "ET Research" sounds too much like a clinical trial for Extra Terrestrials.

There's cake and other - as yet unspecified - prizes for the person who thinks up the best name for this ever-expanding research based (and free!) online Titanic journal.

So thinking caps on. We'll have a vote when the suggestions are in.

It took me two years to think up "Encyclopedia Titanica" so I'm not personally expecting any flashes of inspiration in the near future!

Phil

Mar 3, 1998
Funny...I thought "ET" stood for Entertainment Tonight, which is a Hollywood-oriented gossip show here in the States.

My first thought was that "Open Oscillatory Circuit" was a good idea, but upon further reflection, decided that choice might be unduly influenced by my daily reading material. Back to the drawing board.

Parks

Jul 9, 2000
Easley South Carolina
1) Titanic Journal
2) Titanic Chronicles
3) Journal of Titanic Research
4) Journal Of Trans-Atlantic Liners (A possibility if you want to expand the feild of interest)

These possibilities are the best I can think of for now.

Cordially,
Michael H. Standart

Aug 29, 2000
White Star Lines? Funnel Forum, The Drydock, Lifelines, Biblioteca Nautica, De Profundis, -don't get me started! I once submitted 101 names for a new red wine to a local vintner-I did NOT win the contest. I was fractious. They gave me a case of the stuff to shut me up.

Philip Hind

Editor
Staff member
Sep 1, 1996
England
Oh dear, I think my cake is safe, it's a lot harder than you'd think isn't it.

How about "The Annals of Titanic History" - but maybe with some editing that could be our motto instead.

S

Shannon Stark

How about...

Titanic History International, or

Researching Titanic Worldwide

(go easy on me.. this is my first post!)

Shannon
happy.gif

Erik Wood

Aug 24, 2000
What about Timeless Titanic Research or The Ship of Dreams Research Forum, or.... well I give up.

Erik

Mar 3, 1998
"Journal of Olympic-class Knowledge and Examination."

No...too many people might poke fun at the resulting acronym.

Parks

Seriously, when talking about you behind your back, I use "E-T" to differentiate your forum from extraterrestrials and Entertainment Tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.