CameronMarschall book signing in LA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 3, 1998
Jim Cameron and Ken Marschall are scheduled to attend a public book-signing for the GotA companion books at the West Hollywood Borders bookstore on Wednesday evening, 14 May. The event is supposed to start around 7.30p. Unfortunately, Don Lynch is on travel and cannot attend. For those who would like to attend, I recommend that you call the store ahead of time to confirm the appearance.

Borders Books & Music
330 S. La Cienega Blvd.
Los Angeles
310-659-4045
fax 310-659-4638

Hope to see the L.A.-area crowd there!
Parks

Mar 3, 1998
Addendum to my last...I misunderstood what I was told. Don Lynch will be at the book signing. His travel is not until next month. I sincerely apologise for the error. The book-signing event wouldn't have been complete with the author there, that's for sure.

Parks

May 8, 2001
Parks. Will you be attending?
Thank you for the address. Much appreciated.
See you all there!
grin.gif

Mar 3, 1998
Colleen,

Yes, I'm planning to drive up for the event. I hope to see you and others there.

Tracy,

This is the only appearance that I'm aware of on Cameron's calendar. His schedule is so compacted that it took quite a bit of work to arrange this event. Is this the only book signing for Ken and Don? I don't know.

Because I misunderstood the original notice, I entitled this thread, "Cameron/Marschall book signing." The title should rightfully read "Cameron/Lynch/Marschall book signing." I apologise again for the misunderstanding. I was glad to find out that I was wrong about his not being able to be there.

Parks

Mar 20, 2000
Hi Tracy!

Don and Ken will be signing copies of GotA as well as presenting two talks at the Boston Aquarium on Thursday, May 29. The times aren't set yet, I understand.

Randy

Mar 20, 2000
All,

Just got more info from Don Lynch on his and Ken Marschall's book-signing in Boston. According to their publicist, there will be a free public showing of "Ghosts of the Abyss" at 7 p.m., Thursday, May 29, at the Boston Aquarium, followed by the talk by Ken and Don, which will be moderated by Greg Stone, with NE Aquarium. About 45 minutes is allotted to the discussion and afterwards the book signing will take place.

It looks like this will be a great opportunity for Titanic fans and the general public to get to meet and talk with two of the foremost experts on the subject. So turn out and give them a big welcome!

Randy

May 8, 2001
Hi all. Well, as I see no mention that it has been canceled, as of 10:40 pm, I will take it to still be a "GO". (I'll call tomorrow, but will be leaving out of here early in the AM to work, and will end my day there!) :)
OH BOY!!!

May 8, 2001
WHAT A GREAT EVENT THIS WAS!! 1:10 AM, and I just dragged in the door a little while ago. Worth every minute we spent on the road. Hope everyone else that went, has made it home as safe. (Even you lurkers we met!)
PICTURES... I HAVE PICTURES!!!!!!!!
grin.gif
Will post more, later! (Last chance to pay the money!)
Happy, Happy ME!!!
smile.gif

Mar 3, 1998
I can verify...Colleen does have a husband. She also (figuratively) charmed the pants off everyone there. Colleen, it was a real pleasure to finally meet you face-to-face.

Parks

May 8, 2001
If I can stop smiling today, maybe I can write this post……. Well, it isn’t working, so I will proceed as best as I can, anyhow.
I don’t have to state the obvious, that this was a grand evening! I got there fashionably late, with my phantom husband, but it ended up being a good thing, as the swarm had thinned out, and I was able to speak with Ken, Don, and Parks for a few minutes. When I got there, I didn’t recognize anyone, to which Robert leaned over and said, Don’t you know what Parks looks like? My response? No, but I’d recognize his hand from GotA.
grin.gif
. I heard stifled snickers from around me. I finally spotted John Clifford, so said hello to him and asked if anyone else from ET was present. He said that Parks was here, and with that, HE pointed him out to us. The closer to the front of the line I got, the shakier I got, and the broader my smile became. Parks came back after his book signing, and stood with us, and all too soon, my book was in the hands of James Cameron, passed over to Ken Marschall. Here I was, face to face with someone I had dearly wished to meet, and tell him that his paintings are so beautiful, realistic, and brought the ship alive, and to keep up the great effort, as he really does superior work. I had waited for this moment for so long, and still wasn’t prepared for it. Finally, sheepishly, not going to leave without saying SOMETHING, I leaned down to him and said, “You are a very talented man!” (Duh!
crazy.gif
) …. Oh well…. Colleen strikes again…. He still is a spitting image of Ismay.
The book slid over to Don Lynch, and I was quite touched when Don Lynch looked up and said “Hi Colleen, how have you been?” Wow, he remembered ME?!
It was about that time that an unknown figure from behind Don said, “Colleen…. Is this the Colleen Collier from the ET board?” Taken aback, in shock, looking blankly at this unfamiliar face, I finally answered, “….Yes?….”, and he then introduced himself as Vern, business partner for Trans Atlantic Designs. For those of you, like myself who have searched for Ken Marschall items, keep a close watch on the web site. I was assured that they would be exclusive on much of what was sold. Then I begged for them to consider the “Last sunset” (I don’t know the actual name it was given, but it is on page 75 on An Illustrated History) to be reprinted.
Robert, Parks and I stood around and discussed the Marconi room. Parks even showed us a few images of the wreck site, and answered questions Robert had about it. I was completely lost, as the techno jargon flowed.
James Cameron was on a tight schedule and had to catch a plane, and all too soon, he had to graciously exit. He made certain that he signed every copy though. (Psssttt…Someone brought a copy of a book on Airships for Ken to sign, and I watched as James showed immediate interest. Even overheard him say that he loves airships… Breaths are held for what that statement could potentially mean!)
Before I knew it, way too soon, the book signing was over, and it was time to go.
We had lots to talk about on the way home.
grin.gif

Jul 14, 2000
You know Colleen, with a longer beard, Mr. Cameron could pass for a good Capt. Smith I believe.

That must have been the highlight of your week to attend that event. It would have been the highlight of my YEAR! Thanks for posting the recap and the pics.

Yuri

Status
Not open for further replies.