Cameron's Apology

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>BTW, to Michael and Traci, I do hope that it will be quite a while before the likes of "Hugo", "Fran", and "Isabel" make return visits.<<

So do I. We tend not to take direct hits, but when the remains of a given storm roll over us, the rivers aren't quite up to dealing with the flooding. The Biltmore Estate took some pretty serious flooding this way a couple of years ago.

Tad G. Fitch

Dec 31, 2005
Michael,
Just read the article and thought it was great. It confirms some research I had done regarding the details of the last few minutes on the ship as Mellors related them. What was most interesting to me though was the previously unknown correspondence and biographical details. I knew little about Mellors outside of what he related about the Titanic disaster, and thought the information was great. Congratulations are in order to those who worked on this.

Kind regards,
Tad

Mike Poirier

Dec 31, 2004
Hi Tad,

I'm glad you liked it. I always enjoy reading new accounts of the disaster that have interesting little details like Mellors, or Don Lynch's Karl Behr account, etc... It's my hope that accounts like that end up in books and articles instead of the old standards from the regular newspapers and the inquiries.

Mike