1. Welcome to Encyclopedia Titanica
    or subscribe for unlimited access to ET! You can also login with , or !
    Dismiss Notice

Can somebody tell me the ending of the novel "The Ghost from the Grand Banks" by Arthur C. Clarke?

Discussion in 'Titanic Books' started by Dan Kappes, Oct 19, 2018.

1. Dan Kappes

Dan Kappes Member

I know the book is about two competing expeditions seeking to raise each half of the wreck of the Titanic and tow them to Tokyo in time for the centenary of the sinking in 2012, but could someone please tell me the ending of the novel?

Are both pieces of the Titanic successfully raised?

Tags:
  2. Don't know the ending, but you'll probably find it on the last page of the book. Although seldom seen among Millennials, books are rather high tech --- self powered and easily transported -- as opposed to battery powered miniature devices of today. Books are still available at institutions called "libraries." Most have links to other libraries and can obtain a book on loan in sort order should you wish to go through the work of reading one and finding out the ending the old-fashioned way.

-- David G. Brown

3. Dan Kappes

Dan Kappes Member

I just finished reading the book after getting it at the library. I'm going to spoil the ending now.

SPOILER

The wreck is buried in an underwater earthquake in 2012 and thus the attempts to raise it fail. It is eventually found again buried under a mountain on land thousands of years in the future by an alien intelligence after humanity has left Earth to colonize other planets in the universe.