Canadian Broadcasting Corporation Recordings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vicki Logan

May 15, 2003
In the article submitted by Trent Pheifer "Titanic Survivors Recall The Night to Remember" it mentions a long playing record with interviews from passengers and crew. Has anyone ever heard this recording? What is the availability of the recording? I thought it was fascinating that there was a recording made and hope that someone has been able to save the voices from the past. Thanks for any information
Vicki Logan

Dave Gittins

Mar 16, 2000
I don't know the Canadian recording, but there's quite a bit of this sort of thing about. There's That Fateful Night, which was put together by one Geoffrey Giuliano. It's on tapes and CDs. It includes quite a number of passengers and crew, including Edith Russell, Boxhall and Hichens. I think mine came from Barnes & Noble. There's a much shorter recording from the Australian Broadcasting Corporation. In both cases, the commentary can be ignored.

I've heard a recording of Walter Gray, who was a radio operator at Cape Race. That may be the Canadian record. I suggest a hunt round the CBC web site. They probably have a retail business.

Vicki Logan

May 15, 2003
Thank you Dave. I think it would be very interesting to hear the actual people discuss the happenings of the night and their arrival. I never really thought about recordings until I read the article Trent submitted. I will look at both the Australian Broadcasting and the Canadian Broadcasting. Barnes and Nobles is always close by. Thanks for the information.
Vicki

Status
Not open for further replies.