Canadian crew members

george bowes

Feb 7, 2007
I have located two; Ryerson, a steward and William McCastlan, a fireman/stoker. I am trying to find information on McCastlan from St.John's, Newfoundland. Any help, please?

D

Deleted member 173198

Hello George,

I would imagine you reside somewhere in Canada?

McCastlan is one of the harder ones from Canada to trace. To satisfy my own mind I've even gone to the extremes and doubled-checked the various pages of the Relief Fund (Southampton Committee)and as result of my search, nothing about the family are mentioned or confirmed.

However, this particular case may have been dealt with in a different area like London or possibly Liverpool. Both area committee's I've mentioned for the McCastlan case must be treated with a question mark.

Sorry if the above isn't much off a help but I do know of another avenue to explore and once found then I can report back.

A.W.

george bowes

Feb 7, 2007
Hi and thanks Andrew :

I continue to search and can use any help. The Canadian moderators as well as Bob Godfrey and Lester Mitchum have offered their expertise. When I find additional information, I'll post it here.

By the way I am Canadian and live 4 hours north of Halifax.
George

D

Deleted member 173198

No worries George.

I'll leave you in the capable hands of Bob Godfrey and Lester Mitchum. We'll see if these two come up with anything interesting new.

Good luck with your search.

A.W.