Cancelled Passages Aboard Titanic

Jul 31, 2010
I am interested in the cancelled ticket of Arthur Lawrence and if any other information is known about him. My great aunt said her friend arthur lawrence work or travelled on the titanic and died. I have seen the records for Arthur lawrence the steward but then came across this record.

Stringfield1

Feb 9, 2011
One of the family legends is that my grandmother was to sail on the Titanic but her daughter didn't pass the health check (scarlet fever) and she had to sail at a later date. There doesn't seem to be anyway to verify that information.

Mar 4, 2011
According to a copy of the passenger list I printed off years ago- he wasn't even on the Titanic. To the best of my knowlege he wasn't even booked.

Aug 21, 2011
i have a grandmother that passed and missed the titanic how do i see a list of passengers who bought tickets but didn't show

Dennis Degler

Apr 13, 2012
My grandmother, aged 29/30 at the time, Miss Edith Ellen Fayers of Bradford, West Yorkshire, missed the sail date. Her luggage, however, was still on board the Titanic when she sank. I have not been able to find her record on this site. Could you please help?

Jan 4, 2013
my mother was sir charles ross' secretary in washington DC during 1936-42. i was unaware of his connection with titanic until now. i remember him as an extremely generous man, he gave me lots of toys. > jack

Joe Cicak

Feb 6, 2013
My grandmother and her infant daughter purchased passage on the Titanic, but missed the boat when the train was late. I have seen the "Bill of Passage" I think it was called with the White Star flag emblem and engraving of the Titanic across the top and their names written on it as passengers. Their fair was $36.50 I believe. Her name was Marie Cicak. Her daughter was Katleen, or Katerina, or some other derivation of Katherine. Not sure why they are not on the list of those who missed the boat.

Elderleigh

Feb 17, 2013
"Transferring to earlier or later ships; pending business or judicial dealings; personal or family problems; desertion; inadequate accommodations . . . Regardless of the cause, there were a number of bona fide cancellations for Titanic's 10 April departure from Southampton." Is there any way to find out if there exists a list of people who tranferred to earlier ships? I too had an old family story that my grandfather missed the Titanic and with records I have found on Ancestry, I know he arrived in Nova Scotia on April 98, 1912 - one week to the day before the Titanic disaster. I would love to know if he was on some kind of transfer list or if this was more if a myth.

Gary Scales

Dec 23, 2013
I am interested in finding a full list of people who had purchased tickets but did not board the Titanic for whatever reason. My great great grandfather (William Henry McAllister and wife Annie) was supposed to be on the ship but a few days (?) before the sailing one of his kids caught measles or chicken pox and they did not sail. Can't seem to find a complete list of cancelled ticket holders anywhere!! Help!!

Indygirl

Dec 27, 2013
My mother Marie Bauer was to be on the titanic with her grandmother Mary Meier. She was 6 years old. Missed the ship. How can I find out why her name is not on the missed the ship list. Did they have to purchase tickets weeks before it departed?

Dragnofly3387

Dec 30, 2013
I would love to find that out to. One of the rumors is that my Grandfather missed the Titanic and had to board a different ship.

Dec 31, 2013
My great uncle's name was Aaron (Aron) Hodges. His obituary stated that he was scheduled to be on the Titanic but missed his connection. I'm looking for information if he ever purchased a ticket. Unfortunately Chief Machinist Aaron lost his life aboard a US Coast Guard submarine in 1927. Any information about his possible ticket would be greatly appreciated.

Mar 17, 2014
My grandma often told of a relation who was supposed to have travelled on the Titanic but took ill so could not travel, their surname was Leak, they were from Derbyshire. Unfortunately she did not know their first name.

Pat McTaggart

Jul 21, 2015
I have been told that my grandmother Rose Clarke had a ticket for herself & her 2 young sons Frederick & Kenneth but the boys came down with the measeles and their trip had to be delayed. My Grandfather Harry Clarke was already in Canada obtaining a job & a home for his family. My Mother Doris was born in Canada in April 1917

Edward. Pratt

Feb 18, 2016
My grandmother , who lived in Southampton , told me that , my grandfather a Charles Gilbert ,worked on the Titanic and sailedl from Belfast to Southampton on her .She also said she insisted that my Grandfather leave the ship at southhampton due to the Titanic having a mishap while being launched . She was always very superstitious !

Polly (2696)

Feb 23, 2016
I understand Mrs Ada Stevenson to've been one of those to cancel passage due to a premonition of disaster; she and her two children sailed later on SS City of New York. However I don't see the familty listed?

Krystl

Jan 17, 2017
Was wondering how much an original cancelled ticket signed by jp Morgan for one of the sister ships of the titanic may be worth