Cancelled Passages Aboard Titanic

Jan 27, 2018
My grandmother, Lizabeth Steele, nee Vickers, was booked on the Titanic with her infant daughter, Myrtle Steele. My grandfather was living in Calgary, Ab, at the time and had lost all his money in a land swindle. He sent word to her to cancel her tickets. She had sent her trunk by rail ahead of time. She was able to get her trunk off the Tiitanic and returned to her town, Millom, Cumbria. She sailed a year later with the same trunk. I have that trunk now. It had the Titanic sticker on it

JeanS

Jun 24, 2018
My great grandfather (Burrows) had purchased a ticket, then "missed" the boat, and took a different boat the next day. However, unfortunately, I don't see his name on the list...

Oct 10, 2018
My grandparents (Tulley) and two daughters (one being my mother) were to board the Titanic, destined to live in Canada, but the youngest daughter became ill. Because they did not have the necessary health certificates, my grandparents were refused permission to board. They subsequently sailed on the SS Devon to Australia, which ran aground and wrecked in 1913 in Wellington. I have not been able to locate my grandparents' name on the "missed the boat" list. Any ideas?

John Trainor

Nov 19, 2018
I knew a sweet Christian couple in the 1960's at Lake Elsinore, California, the Badendyke's, Hans and Edwanda their first names. They were born in the 1880's. At church one day, they both were telling me how they were in line to get on the Titanic or to register, I don't know which, but they then heard a voice telling them, "This ship is going down!" They exited the line and were thus spared that tragedy. I've never doubted their account one iota.

Jan 19, 2020
I am looking for confirmation of a story passed down the generations. My great-great aunt Georgia Frances Spence was supposed to be on board the Titanic to the United States to join our family in Ohio. She missed the boat. Because we've been told this story so often, we are trying to determine if it is true. If anyone has any proof that Georgia Spence was supposed to be on Titanic my family would greatly appreciate it.

C C Christy

Oct 25, 2010
A family story reports that my either great grandparents or my grandfather and their friends were to have sailed home from England on the Titanic, but were having such a good time they decided to stay on in England for another week and so changed their plans. Possible names: Russ Jackson Christy and Amelia Meyer Christy, or D. Lamar Christy and Elise Bowman Christy, and John Norton and Cora Norton. Anyone know how I can find out? [email protected]