Captain Smith where were thou

Mark Baber

Dec 29, 2000
Second, I'm guessing that you had a post removed

Hello, Tim---

No posts have been removed. George's first message, though, was originally posted to a thread about the ship's log, and I moved it here because it fit here and (at least then) didn't fit there. Some follow-up messages (from folks who post directly to the board) landed in this thread, while others (from folks who post via email) wound up in the thread about the log. I've been moving the messages from the log thread to this one, as you can see, but nothing's been removed.

T

Timothy Trower

Mark,

Thanks for clearing up the confusion -- it really didn't make sense at all without that first post.

Um, really, it still doesn't make sense even now! (Read it in one of the logs?????)

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>Um, really, it still doesn't make sense even now! (Read it in one of the logs?????)<<

Join the club on that one, Tim. The formal log just wouldn't have the sort of information that's being suggested here. Come to think of it, the only way I know of that the scrap log would have information on the captain being asleep would be if it was so deep, the poor old guy would need embalming.

Of course, it would help if the logs had survived in the first place and there's no evidence whatever that they did.