Captain's bath state

Jul 5, 2016
I understand from the recent 2019 expedition, the deckhouse is starting to go - the Captain's Bath is no longer visble. What can be speculated about the tub's state? Is is simply buried deeper in muck, or did the tub suddenly crash through into the decks beneath? It must be somewhere still, lost in the abyss.

IMO, of all the details that could be lost, I wouldn't pull hairs over the tub. While iconic on the wreck itself, seems it would pale trivial recovered in an exhibit, unlike say the Marconi set which I do believe is a viable artefact worth extracting.

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
One of the facts that came out is that the roof over the officers quarters is in a state of slow but ongoing and progressive collapse. A deterioration which has continued unabated even though nobody had visited the wreck since 2012. This puts the lie to the notion that expeditions have caused the decay. Absent any human presence, it's been going on and it has been since 1912.

Everything recycles in nature. (Including us!) Everything.
That's just reality.

Reactions: 1 users

Mike Bull2019

Oct 8, 2019
UK
Exactly- certain people *cough*Ballard*cough* will have you beleive that Titanic was just sitting there frozen in time until the nasty humans come along, when clearly she started deteriorating from day 1 and hasn't stopped since.

It's worth noting that the bath tub can still be seen, though only a little bit of it, from a certain angle. It is mostly covered but is not 'gone'.

Reactions: 1 user

Cam Houseman

Jul 14, 2020
Maryland, USA
Exactly- certain people *cough*Ballard*cough* will have you beleive that Titanic was just sitting there frozen in time until the nasty humans come along, when clearly she started deteriorating from day 1 and hasn't stopped since.

It's worth noting that the bath tub can still be seen, though only a little bit of it, from a certain angle. It is mostly covered but is not 'gone'.
Mike is right, he's a smart man.

I think it collapsed recently.