Milos Grkovic

Aug 25, 2019
Serbia
My drawing of Carpathia. :)
115817747_591746058073786_5898754634328497842_n.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Oct 8, 2020
Thank you for your awesome drawing of the Carpathia! You did a great job on it. We don't see many pictures of this ship - iit's usually the Titanic since that was the new ship and so famous. The Carpathia was a name that I learned as a little girl. My mother used to tell me how important this ship was to our family because it rescued our Cousin who was on her way to join her father in Northern Michigan! They were coming from St. Ives and the family was large so the father was sending money to have the younger kids come over as quickly as he could afford to. He was working in a Copper Mine in Hancock, MI! They all arrived safe eventually, but poor Maude Sincock was afraid after going through that ordeal and saw the Titanic go down from lifeboat #11. Luckily she and the lady who she was traveling with were in Second Class. So she showed up on the deck just in time to get into the lifeboat and a gentleman was nice enough to give her his coat to wear. She only had a slip on! I wanted to share this story as my mother told me over and over again! Maude loved to tell her story over and over again and lived to be in her 90's! Thank you again Milos! My name is Kathleen Lundman.

Reactions: 1 users