Catherine Jane Wallis

Hilary Baker

Dec 29, 2010
Catherine Jane was my fathers great aunt. She was the daughternof William Moore and Catherine Moore nee Vaughan 15/10/1877 Kidwelly Carmarthenshire

DaveJacobs

Feb 27, 2011
The 1911 census shows her (a month after her husband died) at 111 Church Street Shirley, widow aged 34, with 3 children: son Robert aged 6 born in America; son Frederick aged 3 'English' and daughter Cecelia aged 1 'English'. At 77 Chantry Road Southampton lived hairdresser & tobacconist Albert Norton and wife Annie with their niece Melita aged 11 born Southampton. No sign of James or Frank mentioned above as receiving financial aid, but perhaps these are actually Robert and Frederick.

Jill Bath

Apr 23, 2012
CATHERINE WALLIS WAS MY GREAT GRANDMOTHERS SISTER-IN -LAW. I HAVE CATHERINE WALLIS BIRTH CERTIFICATE, SHE WAS BORN IN WALES.SHE HAD 4 CHILDREN, 2 BOYS AND 2 GIRLS. MY GREAT GRANDMA BROUGHT UP THE 2 LITTLE GIRLS. WHEN FRED (ON OF THE BOYS) CONTRACTED T.B. MY GRANDMA NURSED HIM, BUT HE DIED AT THE AGE OF 21.I KNEW MY TWO AUNTS AND MY UNCLE, BUT FRED DIED BEFORE I WAS BORN.

Matthew Cox

Feb 17, 2013
Catherine Jane Wallis Nee Moore was my great grandma, my grandpa being James Robert Wallis. She was born in Southampton to Robert H Moore and Ann M Moore nee Shackleton. She married James Richard Wallis in 1898 and had 4 children Melita Annie Alice Wallis (1900), James Robert Wallis (1904), Frederick Walter Wallis (1907) and Ceilia Horrice Wallis (1909) all born in Southampton (not sure why census says my grandpa was born in America.)

Deb Wallis

Apr 12, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario Canada
Catherine Jane Wallis was my paternal grandmother's mother. I would love to see a copy of her birth certificate, as there is a discrepancy as to whether she was born in Southampton or Wales, as you have said. Can you please contact me so we could arrange for me to have a copy? My grandmother was her eldest daughter, Melita. Thanks, Deborah Wallis [email protected]