Charles Henry Pascoe

For Steve Coombes - Titanic historian for the Crew and Passenger of Devon and Cornwall.

I know Steve is no longer a valued member of E.T., but if his is watching closely on how the message board is performing, ideally, I would like him to make contact as soon as possible, as I may have some additional information I wish to share on the mentioned name above.

Everything is circulating on marriages of Charles as he was married not once, but twice.

Christophe Puttemans

Christophe Puttemans

Surviving seaman photo

I found a photograph on the website of the Irish Journal:
Download
It's a seaman who survived the sinking, reunited with his mother and three brothers back in Plymouth. Who was that seaman?

Download

J

Jack Dawson

Hi, this is going to be a little tough to answer. I think there were, what, about 140 crewman returned to Plymouth? He does look like a deck seaman, and you can barely make out the faint 'White Star' name on the front of his sweater. I think the key to this is looking at seaman who had three brothers to begin with.

I tried going through the crew list on ET, but some of the entries just don't have that level of information available.

Good luck though, it would be nice to put a name to the face.

Christophe Puttemans

Christophe Puttemans

Bingo! Charles H. Pascoe is featued on ET with the following image:
Pascoe

Almost looks like a direct crop from the image on the Irish Journal.
Found no other evidence, but it should do.

A bit later than normal but the other good news turns on Pascoe's grave. With a bit of luck this should put a stop to those pending e-mails that keep come knocking at my front door asking if I have any on record. The photo shot above is Charles and he actually died in the year of 1937. I have his death certificate like I am in the process of ordering his Probate. The other good news the obituary I found which is very family orientated and doesn't quote one word over his Titanic survival. Just finishing the final touches and submit to the proofreader I know of down in Devon and then all can be handed over and revealed.

Gaston Sam

Gaston Sam

How did we get to know he survived in lifeboat 8? I mean what's the source to that?