Cheesiest scene

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 6, 2003
I think it was terrible when Jack punched that guy in the water that was drowning rose. I found that it was unrealistick maybe he would just push him away or something but not punch him.

Do you guys have any scense you find "Stupid"?

Dec 12, 1999
The close-up of the lemon slice in the tea. A citrus metaphor for unseen dangers at sea? Or a secret Masonic message? The world will never know.

Matthew Lips

Mar 8, 2001
When Jack is handcuffed to the pipe and he says something like "I'll wait here" or something similarly daft. It's been a while since I last watched the movie so my memory is a bit rusty, but I know that that scene makes me wince every time.

Almost as much as that dreadful "wormie on the hookie" line from "Raise The Titanic." GAG!!

Dave Gittins

Mar 16, 2000
Based on my understanding of 'cheesey', I'll vote for the death of Jack in that wonderful blue sea beneath the studio lights. Sorry, James, but I've been to sea at night.

Another great moment is when Lowe calls for survivors and gets an echo.

Ben Holme

Feb 11, 2001
Jack and Rose, below decks in Carter's Renault:

Jack: (In "chauffeur" accent) Where to, miss?

Rose: (whispering intensely) To the stars!

Found that scene a tiny bit vomit-enducing I'm afraid.

Jeremy Lee

Jun 12, 2003
What I liked was Cal, muttering "Oh, goddamn it all to hell", when he decided not to enter the lifeboat to go after Jack and Rose.

Paul Visser

Jun 10, 2003
Hi people,

But of course Cal would go after Jack and Rose. Especially Rose. He put his coat on Rose and his precious diamond was in the coat pocket! Shows what a greedy bastard Cal portrayed to be. He cared more for material possessions than he did for his own life let alone anybody else.

Re: Jack punching that “poor chap” in the water: I would have done the same thing. Would you let somebody drown your girl friend/wife even “poor chap” was in a fit of panic?

The film was good fun to watch. I had a good few laughs at it. Especially when Rose is on the Discovery ship some years later (In the beginning of the film). She sees her mirror and looks into it and says “mmmmm.... The reflection isn’t the same as it use to be”, or words to that effect.

Regards,

Paul Visser

Kyrila Scully

Apr 15, 2001
South Florida
Bob, did you notice that those famous paintings went down with the ship? If Rose was the first one to recognize the talent of these artists and bought the originals, how is it that we know the paintings immediately upon seeing them? That one always got me!!!

Kyrila

Bob Godfrey

Nov 22, 2002
UK
You're right, Kyrila. Who wrote that script - what's his name again? Something Cameron? He'll never amount to a thing, trust me.

Dec 12, 1999
>If Rose was the first one to recognize the talent of these artists and bought the originals, how is it that we know the paintings immediately upon seeing them?

She stuffed them in the other pocket of Cal's coat before she left the ship. All thanks to the handy-dandy Shrinko-Ray, brought to you by Ronco.

Nov 9, 2002
Hey All,
Its a Movie!!!! lol. A part that i dont understand though is when jack punches that man does he do it 3 times or does it replay it cuz it seems really fast.

Dec 12, 1999
The King of the World line is beyond painful...it inspires one to create a new fairground game called "Whack-A-Jack".

J

Jack Coburn

Rose sticking her finger up at lovejoy from the lift as it decended.
Was that common in those days?

Bob Godfrey

Nov 22, 2002
UK
Certainly was, and goes right back to ancient times. Here's a 'how to' illustration from a seventeenth century manual on the naturall language of the hande, showing the convicium facio, a 'natural expression of scorn and contempt'. As a Brit, however, I prefer the more warlike 'two fingered salute'!

84167.gif

Mar 28, 2002
Despite it being hundreds of years old, the two-fingered salute is my favoured method of rebuke, often in the general direction of my mate Richie, the cheekiest sod I have ever known.

I'd pay full-whack to "Whack-A-Jack". That's one face you'd never tire of whacking.

Status
Not open for further replies.