Christian Pierce

Jan 23, 2019
Greetings from Canada! We're currently living up to our reputation as the Great White North. 20 cm or more where I live is expected just today.

I've always loved ships and shipwrecks. Just something about them really gets me interested. Maybe it's because they're such complicated objects many people have put their lives into, both with success and tragedy. Maybe it's just the primal urge to explore as our ancestors did. The oldest boat we currently have is from 9,500-10,000 years ago, which predates writing by 4,500-5,000 years (as far as we know/define it).

Pesse canoe - Wikipedia

I must confess I've never been on any ship in motion larger than a medium-ish ferry. I want so badly to do a transatlantic crossing on the QM2 and I fear there's a ticking clock on that dream. I haven't even seen the original Queen Mary.

Reactions: 1 user
S

SmileyGirl

Welcome Christian. I am not into ship wrecks as such, only Titanic. Don’t know why, it’s just a bit of an obsession :D

Jan 23, 2019
Didn't realize this was made its own thread. Sorry about that. I was throwing this out in another introductory thread.

Welcome Christian. I am not into ship wrecks as such, only Titanic. Don’t know why, it’s just a bit of an obsession :D
She's an obsession of many, so don't feel alone.

Jack Raby

Jan 10, 2019
A bit late (I just noticed your post) but Welcome. Never been in Canada in the winter but my daughter crossed the country from west to east during the previous winter so I've seen plenty of winter pictures :).

I'm mostly interested in the Titanic but I've always been fascinated by shipwrecks too. Pity I'm no diver to explore some.