Christie's auction June 23 2005

Feb 14, 2011
Some super rare Titanic collectables will be offered at the upcoming ocean liner sale at Christies auction on June 23 2005.

Some of the Titanic items include-

*a 19'' section of wood from Titanic's aft grand staircase, plucked from the sea by the ships that were dspatched to recover bodies

*A Cadbury tin advertising Olympic and Titanic, framed with a trade card of the same..

*A framed cutaway Titanic brochure

*A cross sectional Titanic diagram.

Check out the Christies webpage-

www.christies.com

regards

Tarn Stephanos

T

trevor ward powell

Interesting...I see that there is a passenger list dating from the Lusitania's last voyage. Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't passenger lists from Lucy's final voyage rarer than a Titanic passenger list. I believe three exist from Titanic's first class, and a few from her second class. However, I have only heard of one surviving from the Lusitania which was mailed by one of her passengers before setting sail.

T

trevor ward powell

Here are the results for some of the major items that went up for auction:

The passenger list from the Lusitania's last voyage fetched $8,500.00

The Titanic letter mailed by victim George Edward Graham and the 12 photos fetched $48,000.00

The letter mailed by Captain Charles Turner to Mrs Secombe prior to the last voyage did not sell (was expected to fetch $10,000.00), nor did the letter from Percy Secombe to his mother (expected $3,000.00- $5,000.00.)

A search light ring from the Lusitania brought $1,800.00.

A cadbury tin and trading card advertising the Olympic and Titanic did not sell (expected $4,000 - $6,000)

The footlong postcard sent by titanic's postal worker James Bertram Williamson to Gladys Copeland did not sell (expected $20,000.00- $30,000.00)

A ticket from the Turkish and electric baths sold for $3,840.00

A cigarette Tin (c. 1915) advertising for the Olympic and launch of the Britannic did not sell.
(expected $3,000.00- $4,000.00)

A spectacular 19 inch section of wood from Titanic's aft grand staircase did not sell either.
(expected $40,000.00 - $60,000.00)