Coal of titanic

Spacejosh

Mar 11, 2019
Hello everyone !
First of all thank you for the great memory work and the quality of your website.
I deeply admire your work.
I would like to write to you because I have a question concerning a small piece of coal presented as authentic and that I would like to acquire.
Could i have your opinions on this piece (I enclose photos) This item comes from RMS Titanic Inc.premierexibitions
I know there are counterfeits, but do you think is it genuine?
I thank you for the time you will spend answering me and I wish you all an excellent continuation.

Attachments

B-rad

Jul 1, 2015
Tacoma, WA
Looks lagit. I would look up rms titanic website or past items to purchase. You may be able to contact someone. Either way I have a piece similar size and its my prize positions.

Jun 9, 2020
Florida
just noticed how old this thread is. Oh well, if it helps someone, I'll continue…

The only real way to answer this is, "How much money can you afford to lose if it is proven to be fake?" Is that also the same amount that you're willing to spend on something to add to your collection, real or not? It is aesthetically BEAUTIFUL. I wouldn't mind having it in my collection, but at what cost…?

Reactions: 1 user
Nov 14, 2005
You raise some good points. My guess is that coal piece is real. But I would still request to see all documentaion they had. But you can't trust anything anymore. Even documents. Theres always been the buyer beware warning. But today with technology its getting even worse. They are capable of making fake pictures and video's today that even the so called experts can't even tell if there fake.
fake%20gold%203[1].jpg