Coffee Mugs in 3rd Class

Dec 10, 2020
Hey Guys,

I just joined the forum. Great to see enthusiasts still talking about this great ocean liner!

I got an early Christmas present. This morning I opened up an Official Titanic store replica 3rd class coffee mug. Does anyone have a history or resources that could give me some more background on the eating utensils aboard this ship? Manufacturer, numbers board, purpose, (was the mug coffee only, or multipurpose), was the mug used on all white star line ships?, was it a new modern design ?

Thanks!!!

Reactions: 1 user

robert warren

Feb 19, 2016
This mug was more likely used on all White Star ships. I do know that the basic dinnerware used in 1st and 2nd class (Wisteria and Blue Willow) were used on other White Star liners for decades. This mug was probably all purpose as being 3rd class I don't think they would have separate cups and mugs for different beverages.

Nov 14, 2005
Hey Guys,

I just joined the forum. Great to see enthusiasts still talking about this great ocean liner!

I got an early Christmas present. This morning I opened up an Official Titanic store replica 3rd class coffee mug. Does anyone have a history or resources that could give me some more background on the eating utensils aboard this ship? Manufacturer, numbers board, purpose, (was the mug coffee only, or multipurpose), was the mug used on all white star line ships?, was it a new modern design ?

Thanks!!!
The company still makes it today as does the cutlery company. I think Robert is right about the third class mugs. Used for coffee and tea. I got one of those at one of the exhibits in Vegas. They had seperate tea cups for first and I believe second class also. White Star had multiple patterns for their china. You can look at what they used on Titanic below.
P.S...the best use for tea is throwing it in a harbor.

Nov 14, 2005
Great information! I can't believe the company still makes the flatware. Did they also make the cutlery as well???
As I understand it there were more than 2 companys that supplied the dinnerware to White Star Line. The ones I mentioned above were some of the more famous ones that supplied to Titanic and are still in buisness today. At least they seem to be still in buisness. With the crazy year that 2020 has been no telling what companies have made it thru it. Arthur Price & Co supplied some of the cutlery for first class.

Reactions: 1 users