Colleen Collier

May 8, 2001
I have been lurking and poking around for quite some time, and thought maybe I should tell a little about myself.
I am a 32 year old, married, mother of four. I am a Southern California native, but enjoy traveling and seeing history firsthand. I am purposefully kept out of the South because of the historical significance it holds. I wouldn't want to leave until I saw it ALL! I am an independent contractor, and do undercover audit work which is thrilling and enjoyable.
I have been interrested in Titanic for about 10 years, and mostly enjoy learning about the survivors lives and when I get the time, for fun I see if I can connect them to something out here in California. I have learned more here in the last 6 months than I have in the past 10 years, and my fascination continues to grow.
I have received some very nice responses to my postings and feel welcome even though I am a newbie and would like to thank everyone ahead of time for contributing.
Sincerely,
Colleen Collier

Jason D. Tiller

Dec 3, 2000
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Hi Colleen,

Welcome aboard! I'm a 25 year old Security/Receptionist Officer and I've been interested in the Titanic for 14 years. I also enjoy researching the passenger's lives which I find very interesting.

Since becoming a member here almost a year ago, I have learned a lot as well. It's a goldmine of information.

It's good to hear from you and I look forward to more of your posts.

Best regards,

Jason
happy.gif

May 8, 2001
Hi Jason. Thank you for the welcome.

A security officer huh? My husband was just about your age when he took his PC-832 Sheriff Reserve classes and started his career. I am not sure of the Canadian equivalent, but he made many friends there that were going to be in the security end of the business. You have to love a job like you have to keep working in the industry. Glad to see that you do. My husband still does even after 8 years, but what stories he comes home with sometimes.

I agree that this is the best resource site I have ever come across. I look foreward to seeing your posts around the board too.

Sincerely, Colleen

Jason D. Tiller

Dec 3, 2000
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Hi Colleen,

You're welcome. Good to hear that your husband still loves his job after several years and I'm sure he has quite the stories.

I'm not too informed about the equivalent up here in Canada, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't require what your husband did.

Best regards,

Jason
happy.gif

May 8, 2001
Jason. If you have a passion for the services you provide, and just have "field experiance", sometimes that is the best training you can get!

Teri. Thanks. This place can become addictive. My three year old doesn't say too much, but he can say "Tye'Tannick" just as plain as day. He started hollering it the other day and we couldn't figure out why until we saw the Queen Mary billboard. Too funny!

Thanks again. Great hearing from you both! Colleen

Apr 7, 2001
Colleen,

This place can be addictive, no doubt about it. I can't help when hearing about your son hollering "Titanic" that it reminds me of the thread entitled, "How Much Of A Titanic Freak Are You" in which I was bombarded with words that announced I was being too obsessed with Titanic and raising my son. You may want to take a look over there.

Teri

Diane Ostrow

May 19, 2001
Hi Colleen~
Welcome aboard! I have enjoyed reading your posts and look forward to more! With your family and career you must be a VERY busy person! The story about your son was really cute, thanks for the smile!
Ahoy!
diane

R

Rolf Vonk

Hi Colleen,

Welcome on the messageboard! I'm Rolf from the southern Netherlands and I can tell you that it is probably not so sunny here at the moment as in California...hmmm...perhaps I have to emmigrate (only first class).

I'm looking forward to your posts!

Regards,
Rolf.

Kyrila Scully

Apr 15, 2001
South Florida
Hi, Colleen,
Welcome aboard, friend! Isn't it wonderful to be in a place where we can freely discuss Titanic with those of like minds and not be treated as having a few loose rivets? I am a single mom, 47, living in South Florida just down the street from the National Enquirer and Globe Headquarters, home of the pregnant and hanging chads, and just three hours south of the permanent Titanic Exhibit in Orlando. My day job is accounting assistant, but at night I boogie on my computer writing romance novels and letters to the condo association. Oh, and I'm working on a resource book about the Titanic survivors in the lifeboats. I'm looking forward to corresponding with you on the board and even in private if you're so inclined. I'm curious about the work you do and would love to hear more about it.

Regards,
Kyrila Scully

T

Traci Miller

Hi Colleen:

I haven't been to the site in awhile and just found your post. How great! As I am now in Oklahoma, you would think it would be cooler, but we are certainly rivaling the Coachella Valley (or at least it seems).

I know 29 Palms well and miss the desert greatly. We would go through 29 Palms when we went from the Coast to Lake Havasu.

I'd love to hear more from you. Stay cool! ha ha Traci