Colonel Gracie's Account of the Sinking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inger Sheil

Feb 9, 1999
G'day there, Roy!
quote:

I agree with you totally. But would you agree as well that it's been only in the past few years that access to the transcripts has become widely available?
Oh, absolutely! I had to fork out a fortune for the bound compilations of evidence and reports of both inquires before they were transcribed by the good folks working on the TIP. I take your point, that there may be a good many people who have been mislead by this manipulation of a source. I only mentioned that I used the transcripts rather than Gracie as an aside noting that I would never have picked up the selective editing that your eagle eye found.

No GWS lately here, but I'm looking forward to an upcoming scuba diving liveaboard expedition to a remote, very sharky reef in the coral sea (there's a possibility of schooling hammerheads!). I live in Sydney - or rather, just North of it.

Cheers -

Ing​

M

Mikael Jonsson

I just bought the edition from 1929 with photos from the "new" movie Atlantic
happy.gif

It was absolutely worth the 30 USD.

best regards, Mikael

M

Mikael Jonsson

Hi again.

I received an e-mail from someone here on the forum who wanted to know more about the 1929 edition.

It is in Swedish and is in 130 pages.
In the foreword you can read about the new movie Atlantic which will be in sound
happy.gif

It is printed by Bonniers 1930.

There are about 20 photos from Atlantic as illustrations. It is a softcoverbook.
I don't know how common it is, but I have seen
at least one more for sale on the Swedish Ebay.

I attach two photos here below:

92415.jpg

Jan 7, 2002
Oddly enough several Gracies have popped up this month on Ebay...
But of course, all copies were the maroon coloured version.....
That elusive green coloured version is the one to buy...
Regards

tarn Stephanos

Susan Alby

Oct 22, 2004
I have the Unabridged AUDIO book on tape in my possession by Col. Gracie, except on the cover it says only 'Titanic', not 'The Truth About the Titanic'. I am assuming it is the same book in a different format? It is read by Frederick Davidson and it is as though you are hearing Gracie tell his story from his own mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.