Colorized Stateroom Photo

Oct 27, 2005
Hey I'm sorry I can't help with coloring it but I was amazed about the quality of the picture...could you give me the same page where you can see other cabins? I changed the number of the picture in the URL and i was seeing a few other cabin pictures....but how do I which ones they are? that's why I was asking you for the page...I went there but I coudlnt find the gallery

B

Brian R Peterson

Hi Colter,

I do not know much about that particular cabin, but I do have a beautiful colored rendition of B-58 that is of similar decor. I can show you if you would like.

Best Regards,

Brian

B

Brian R Peterson

Vitezslav,

C-63 was done in Louis XVI, Empire cabins used square silk wall panels.

Best Regards,

Brian

B

Brian R Peterson

Sure,

I have an updated version I believe is more accurate than my first work:

118366.jpg

Best Regards,

Brian

Aidan Bowe

Aug 11, 2004
Brian

Truly stunning piece of work. It looks as if it were only taken today. Any chance you can provide us with more of the same?

B

Brian R Peterson

Hi Aidan,

Yes, I have colored pencil drawings of all of the First Class rooms, and a few Second and Third as well, and I have colored over 100 interior photos so far, I am currently posting them to a website so I can show them in all their glory and not have to reduce their file size, these pictures look like they taken with a digital camera today when you see them full scale!

Dec 7, 2000
Nigel!

I haven't seen you around in ages, how have you been? I'm in New Zealand these days, in Auckland, I realise you're elsewhere in NZ though.

By the way Brian, the pictures you colour are amazing. I've tried it a couple of times in Photoshop, but never got any decent results.

Daniel.

Jul 11, 2001
Wow! Great job! Funny, I always imagined that room to be blue or gray fabric on the walls, never green. Certainly looks more dramatic though!

Thanks for sharing that!

B

Brian R Peterson

Hi David,

The wallpaper WAS in fact gold in this room as well, my original work as such looked too gaudy in gold, so I made it green, which is my favorite color and it worked out beautifully, I like my version better - heh.

Dan,

Thanks for the kudos, it is very challenging to color some of these photos, it takes me weeks sometimes months to do, but as you can see the time and patience pay off!

Best Regards,

Brian

Nigel Bryant

Aug 1, 2010
Wellington, New Zealand
Hi Daniel,

I have been well. Been tying ti enjoying the summertime or the lack of it. How have you been? I've just dropped you a line using the E.T email system. Let me know here if you can not acess it. Hope everyone had a good New Years.

Thanks,

Nigel

Dec 7, 2000
Nigel,

Tnanks, I did get your e-mail.

I tried replying to you via the reply address mentioned in the ET message but it failed. If you can, send me another message and let me know what your e-mail address is, or write to me directly from your e-mail address.

Daniel.