Colorized Stateroom Photo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt Pereira

Former Member
yep, looking at the one I colored above I am thinking why I didnt use a greyish white for clouds instead of using all blue cause you can see difference in the sky what appears to be thin clouds.

The funnel color may be a bit off, but the hull reflections are spot on. Only Titanic nerds like us would realise the minor discrepencies. LOLOL Any way, it's far better than I could ever do!

Matt Pereira

Former Member
Only thing I touched when I colored that picture was the water, funnels, foremast, sky, and the green hill background is all I colored, the white and black on the Titanic herself is unaltered in that picture.

Try Photo Filtre, it has a lot of features, including coloring of black and white photos. I tired it and it works well. And it is downloadable for free.

I tried my hand at some colorization of B&W photos using a very different technique. Would be interest in receiving comments. It's the photo that I created for my webpage which can be seen by clicking on the link under my name below.

>>Would be interest in receiving comments.<<

It's a little rough and can use some refinement. The black I noticed goes to a dark gray above the boot topping, but it's not bad.

I know its not accurate, but what do you think of it. I use Gimp.

Stateroom B-60

h1726large_copy2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.