Come to Orlando if you can't go to BTS Convention

Kyrila Scully

Apr 15, 2001
South Florida
There is a group of us (six couples confirmed at this writing) who are planning to meet in Orlando the weekend of April 13-14, 2001, centering our visit around the Titanic - Ship of Dreams Exhibit at the Mercado Plaza. (Stephen Stanger, please get in touch with me!) Right now we're making arrangements for group rates for hotels and I need a head count of how many to expect. I know this is short notice, but one of the hotels I called is already booked solid for that weekend.
So, if you aren't able to go to the BTS Convention, (and if you are, I urge you to go to that one) please consider joining us in Orlando. The exhibit is wonderful, the actors portray crew and passengers perfectly and stay in character all the time. I understand a room is available for groups (Stephen, help me out here) and they have a fabulous gift shop with lots of tasteful souvenirs. Photography is permitted, and believe me, you will not be disappointed. There are 60 specialty shops, fine dining and nightclubs surrounding the exhibit, and Ripley's Believe It Or Not Museum is just down the street within walking distance. Universal Studios is 3 miles down the road. It's close to Interstate 4 and the Florida Turnpike; very easy to find. Contact me >>ASAP<< if you would like additional information and to confirm your attendance.

All the best,
Kyrila

Kyrila Scully

Apr 15, 2001
South Florida
Okay, all of you who are planning to come to the Titanic get-together in Orlando Friday, April 12- Sunday, April 14. Here's the latest update.

We will be staying at the Fairfield Inn (A Marriott Hotel) across the street from "Titanic - Ship of Dreams Exhibit". The hotel is located on International Drive just south of Sand Lake Road. The address is 8342 Jamaican Court. The cost of the room is $72.15 per night/per room. This includes 11% sales tax. I must send Victoria Fuh (sales manager of the Fairfield Inn) payment IN FULL for the rooms by FEBRUARY 28th in order to hold the reservation. This means I need to have your check by the 15th in order to mail it to her by the 28th. We have a contract, so please don't let me down or I'm stuck paying for the rooms myself and as a single mom with one income and no child support I can't really afford to get stuck.

Please email me for my address ASAP (like within the next week) before I sign the contract so I can make sure of your intentions. Tim and Joanne, I haven't heard from you in awhile, are you still coming? I've reserved ten rooms based on your initial response. If I need more rooms, I need to know your intentions right away. Orlando gets booked up really fast and we don't want to have to turn anyone away.

Thanks everyone! I look forward to seeing you! Don't forget to bring your costumes, if you have them, and memorabilia you'd like to show and tell. There will also be a trivia game and other activities.

All the best,
Kyrila
scullytunes@hotmail.com