Commemoration Dinner in NYC on 414 or 415

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have heard that there is an annual dinner held somewhere in the NYC area on 4/14-4/15 which recreates the last dinner on the Titanic. Is this reality or a mere urban legend? I would like to put this question out to our readership. Thanks

Martin:

I've been in the NYC area for 2 years now and active with those on ET from around here and the TML mailing list. I have not heard of this dinner gathering. It would be interesting to find out the details if it does exist.

Last year we went to a small play in New York which was a reinactment of part of the US hearings done in a small room with a desk with Senator Smith on stage and the witnesses sat mixed through the audience in costume. It was very moving. I have heard they may be doing it again this year.

Rosanne MacIntyre

Mark Baber

Hello, Martin and Ro:

I'm not aware of any organized memorial dinner, either. While I'm sure there are some folks in the area who have private dinner parties on that theme, I don't recall ever hearing of an organized one of any sort.

The play Ro mentioned was very well done, and I was very interested to see a mention of "Titanic Voices 2" on the producer's web site a few weeks back. It's no longer there, however. I called them (Ten Grand and a Burger) a few minutes ago and left a message asking for details if, in fact, a second installment is in the works. I'll let you know.

Mark Baber

They called me back a few minutes ago. Their plans for a second installment have been shelved, at least for this year.

Oh, well...

Status
Not open for further replies.