Conspiracy Theories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 26, 2020
Well, they first tried the stunt that the Titanic was really the Olympic in disguise (Or was it the other way around? The mind boggles). After that theory was finally debunked, the Titanic now becomes the Imperator. What next? If one tries hard enough, they may see enough resemblances between the Titanic and a Boeing 777 to put forth a Conspiracy theory that the missing Malaysian Airlines flight 370 was really the Titanic with wings added.

You know that missing airlines was a hoax, too?

Mar 26, 2020
The wreck is fake, btw. It looks too small and there is almost no sea life on or near the wreck. And we are supposed to believe that there is a gigantic shipwreck resting in the deepest, darkest corner of the Atlantic surface where (we are told) there is an abundance of sea creatures?

Also, do you really believe an iceberg can "cut" through a watertight steel ship like the Titanic and sink it in less than two-three hours? You have to be a vegetable to believe that.

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2020
You cannot deny the similarities. They could very well be the same vessel. Just a change in appearance.

ships.png

Mark Baber

Jul 4, 2000
Moderator's hat on:

The assassination of President Kennedy is wholly off topic here. Do not bring it up again. The same is true of Flight 370.

Moderator's hat off.

As for the suggestion that Titanic was really Imperator or that the wreck is a hoax or whatever, I suggest that the best response is silence.

Reactions: 1 users

Arun Vajpey

Jul 8, 1999
The wreck is fake, btw. It looks too small and there is almost no sea life on or near the wreck. And we are supposed to believe that there is a gigantic shipwreck resting in the deepest, darkest corner of the Atlantic surface where (we are told) there is an abundance of sea creatures?

Also, do you really believe an iceberg can "cut" through a watertight steel ship like the Titanic and sink it in less than two-three hours? You have to be a vegetable to believe that.

I guess a vegetable is a lot healthier than a fruitcake.

• Haha

Jim Currie

Apr 16, 2008
NewtonMearns, Glasgow, Scotland.
The Titanic disaster was a hoax. Nobody died, nobody got hurt:

. K. Rowlings, Hans Christian Anderson, Walter Mitty even.

For general information... April 16 was a Tuesday... not a Monday. Can this man Mathis read?
This lad rates with the above named authors of fairy tales. If, instead of getting excited, he had calmed down and read the paper properly, he would have noticed immediately that the day of publishing was TUESDAY, not Monday. A little more research would have shown him that the 16th of April, 1912 was..yep!.... a Tuesday.

As for the name of Smith... what a load of bosh.

Smith is derived from an occupation. It is the most common surname in the UK and US. I am related to the High Kings of Ireland and the Royal Stuart household of Scotland and consequently the house of Windsor. But, I would guess...so are a high percentage of the populations of the UK and the US as well as Captain Smith and the Titanic's junior Cabin Boy.

The author of this bit of fantasy should grow up and study the subject of Titanic .. the entire subject... before he cherry-picks and pontificates about that which he obviously knows sod-all.
I wonder if he has ever read any of the witness statements except those which fortify his fantasy. He most certainly did not study that newspaper front page properly.

I would love to see his treatment of the story concerning the recovery of Titanic's lifeboats and the treatment of them thereafter.
No doubt Lord some-one-or-other back in England, had a relative named Smith who owned a small life boat manufacturing company in Queens, and who was also related to Csptain Smith, sent a semaphore message to him to quickly knock up 20 odd exact replica life boats and secretly take them down to the Ambrose Light vessel and have them loaded on Carpathia's deck before she arrived back at New York.

This man's work reminds me of my youth when I read Marvel Comics.:D:D

Reactions: 2 users

Arun Vajpey

Jul 8, 1999
This man's work reminds me of my youth when I read Marvel Comics.:D:D

With respect Jim, I resent that comment. Marvel comics had an imaginative story line and while it was a fantasy, most of the time it was a very enjoyable fantasy.

The content of that Mathis link is the sort of trash that only morons would consider credible. Maybe we should call in the Trollhunter.

Reactions: 3 users

Mark Baber

Jul 4, 2000
Moderator's hat on:

Referring to someone as a troll is not acceptable. Please desist.

Moderator's hat off.

Once again, I recommend silence as an alternative to name-calling.

Nov 14, 2005
Moderator's hat on:

Moderator's hat off.

Ok I won't to post in this thread anymore. I couldn't help it as I guess I am a vegetable after all.

Jim Currie

Apr 16, 2008
NewtonMearns, Glasgow, Scotland.
Moderator's hat on:

Moderator's hat off.

Depends on what you understand as a "Troll", Mark.

As a matter of interest, the word "troll" is a misnomer" It is derived from the method of fishing called "trawling". A Troll was in fact, a kind of Scandinavian fairy.

On the other hand the word "offensive" describes exactly what is in the tin.

Do not misunderstand me, Mark. As one who. as you well know, has on many occasions on this site, been personally offended by sarcasm and downright nastiness, I have had my fair share.

I respectfully point out to you that most of the followers on this site treat it as an Encyclopedia of a great tragic event in history. It follows that any one who describes it as a hoax is causing deep offence and understandable indignation to the vast majority of members. Consequently, such a post should not have been allowed.
I suggest to you. you are defending someone who deliberately set out to offend.
The person posting does not qualify his or her observation with personally deduced evidence but quotes directly from rationalwiki.org. If you are unfamiliar with that bit of agrandizement, I suggest you look it up. I also suggest the site name has the first two letters missing..."i" and "r".

Keep safe,

Jim

Arun Vajpey

Jul 8, 1999
I respectfully point out to you that most of the followers on this site treat it as an Encyclopedia of a great tragic event in history. It follows that any one who describes it as a hoax is causing deep offence and understandable indignation to the vast majority of members. Consequently, such a post should not have been allowed.
I suggest to you. you are defending someone who deliberately set out to offend.
The person posting does not qualify his or her observation with personally deduced evidence but quotes directly from rationalwiki.org. If you are unfamiliar with that bit of agrandizement, I suggest you look it up. I also suggest the site name has the first two letters missing..."i" and "r".

Keep safe,

Jim
Thanks Jim and I agree 100% with that sentiment. One of the things that was immediately apparent when I met Eva Hart for the first and only time in 1994 was the aura of sadness in her face. As a former GP, I am familiar with age related depression among the elderly and know how to recognize it. But this was quite different and even after 82 years the disaster in general and loss of her father in particular had made an everlasting impression. I am sure almost all survivors suffered some sort of trauma after the event.

IMO, only someone with neither sense nor humanity would try and claim that it was all a hoax and try to make a game of it.

Reactions: 1 user
Mar 22, 2003
Chicago, IL, USA
www.titanicology.com
'In Internet slang, a troll is a person who starts quarrels or upsets people on the Internet to distract and sow discord by posting inflammatory and digressive, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into displaying emotional responses and normalizing tangential discussion, whether for the troll's amusement or a specific gain.'

Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.