Copenhagen Exhibition

P

Peter Rasmussen

Sorry, I did not know where to put this question.
I was wondering, is there more than one Titanic exhibition touring the world. I am Danish, and this year this exhibition is in Copenhagen
http://www.tivoli.dk/titanic/english
I thougt, finally, so I went to see it. Honestly, I was a little disapointed.
I think it was on this board, that I read, that there was an actual piece of the hull in that exhibition, there is not in Copenhagen, there is not that many artifacts. Maybe they just did not have the space for it in Copenhagen.
I also read, that you are given the name of a passenger and at the exit you are told, if that passenger survived or not, that did not happen.
That is the reason for my question, if there is more than one exhibition.

[Moderator's note: This message, originally a separate thread in a different topic, has been moved to this subtopic discussing the various exhibitions. MAB]

P

Peter Rasmussen

OK, having been brought into this part of the message board, I see that my question was a little stupid.

Encyclopedia Titanica

Encyclopedia Titanica

Philip Hind
Staff member
Not a stupid question at all. I think there are a lot of exhibitions going on at the moment so presumably the company that 'owns' the artefacts is having to spread them out.

P

Peter Rasmussen

Thank you.
Yes, when I saw this part of the board, I was thinking the same thing.
I was under the impression, that it was one exhibition touring the world, I see that it is not.
In Copenhagen I did see a White Star Line deck chair, a deck bench from The Olympic and some dining room items. Also there were letters and documents along with personal items. There was a piece of wood panelling, it is embarrassing, but I do not remember if it was from The Olympic or somehow salvaged from Titanic.
One of the more interesting items was a little piece of wood that was said to be a fragment of the main staircase banister.
But the hing I was most looking forward to see was not there.

P

Peter Rasmussen

And possibly they do not want to move The Big Piece around to much. Isn't it possible that it could come apart when moved around alot.