Status
Not open for further replies.

James Hill

Feb 20, 2002
could the band play their wooden instruments violin,bass-etc and play brass instruments trumpet,trumbone-etc if you have Titanic (1953)you know what i mean.i would like to think so but its probably not true.

Apr 16, 2002
There were no brass instruments, they played on violins and such. Also onboard was a pianist, what did he do during the sinking?

Jan 31, 2001
I would say he played inside to comfort the passengers, since he obviously would not drag the piano out onto the Boat Deck.

Dave Gittins

Mar 16, 2000
In the many of the early American accounts, it was assumed that the band was playing wind instruments and so could play to the end, as well as being audible at a distance. There's a maudlin passage in Logan Marshall about French horns and cornets. The USA was the land of John Phillip Sousa and to Americans a band meant a wind band. The same goes for Australia, when brass band members identified with Hartley's group and erected monuments, though their bands really had nothing in common.

Sep 12, 2000
One thing that I have always found interesting,is that the music holder found is normally used on brass instruments. The music holder for stringed instruments is much different.

But perhaps it was in luggage packed or it was used for the bagpipes or some other explanation.

Any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.