Countess's descendants

Sep 1, 2004
Do you know something about he descendants of countess of Rothes? Can you tell me it? I know only that she has a grandson, 21th earl of Rothes. Where does he live? In Rothes? What does he do (what is his job)? Do you know something about her grandchildrens?

Thank you very much

Vitezslav Ivicic, Czech republic

Jul 19, 2003
Hi Vitezslav,

Lady Rothes' grandson does not live in Rothes as some might think, but he actually lives in Salisbury, very near the famous Stonehenge in the south UK. He lives with his wife, Countess Marigold, and has two sons of his own, one who is married and lives in the United States, the other of whom little is known outside the immediate family. As far as his "job" is concerned, the Earl probably has had the great fortune of enjoying his family inheritance and/or annuities. I can tell you he was once part of the UK navy, but other than that I can tell you little else. I am sure he has kept busy with other activities, not least to mention his position as Chief of the Clan Leslie Society International (CLSI), which has branches in Ireland, the US, and even in South America (if I am not mistaken). The family lives a normal life, and comfortably I am sure. As for Lady Rothes' younger son, John Wayland Leslie, he married and had a daughter (I am not sure if he had any other children). No doubt John's descendants live rather ordinarily.

I hope this little bit helps you out in your quest for knowledge.

Jul 19, 2003
Unfortunately yes, Lord Rothes died this past April after having suffered from cancer and the after-effects of treatment. It was too sudden and he will very much be missed.

Sep 1, 2004
I wanted to contact him (I have his address and telephone number also) and ask her something about Lycy Noelle, Countess of Rothes.

Aug 2, 2006
dose anyone know if her sons malcolm and john had children? are any of them still living? are they british or U.S. residents?

May 12, 2005
Grant, you might want to peruse the archives here a little more thoroughly before you start a new thread asking a question that would be easily answered by reading a bit.

Aug 2, 2006
randy, i read through her biography and there was nothing there regarding any grandchildren. but i think she did have grandchildren i just can't find anynames.

[Moderator's Note: This message and the two immediately above it, originally a separate thread in this subtopic, have been moved to this pre-existing thread addressing the same subject. MAB]