Court case to recover the telegraph machine

Jul 9, 2000
Easley South Carolina
No, they did not file a lawsuit. They made an application to the court seeking permission. Big difference. If you care to know what the ACTUAL proposal and dive plan is, see the link below and click on each of the pdf files.

Reactions: 1 users
Dec 27, 2017
Isle of Man
No, they did not file a lawsuit. They made an application to the court seeking permission. Big difference. If you care to know what the ACTUAL proposal and dive plan is, see the link below and click on each of the pdf files.

I find the reference in submission 2 to "articulation frame for warp drive dilithium crystals' a little disturbing in a Court document..........

DaveDuDeep

Jun 26, 2019
Cape Cod, Massachusetts USA

DaveDuDeep

Jun 26, 2019

Thank you, Michael. Bravo. Lots and lots of misinformation...and some misguided behavior too. Amazed at how detractors have used RMST Inc data against the company.

DaveDuDeep

Jun 26, 2019
Michael Standart: Do you think they will get permission?
The company has the best of the best working every day (and many nights) to minimize impact at the site. It's worth noting that the prime mission of the next planned expedition is to continue imaging and stewardship of the site. The Marconi recovery was never top priority goal. It's become clear though that the roof of the Marconi Room is in imminent danger of collapse. Do we let the sea take its course and lose the Marconi forever? Do we recover what can be easily recovered, conservative it and in so doing make it available for many generations to come.

Julian Atkins

Sep 23, 2017
South Wales UK
Thank you Michael for providing the documents in your post 3 on 21st February which I have downloaded and read carefully.

I don't know whether examples of the 'Silent Room' equipment survive elsewhere. There are various recreations of the adjoining Marconi Room.

The switch gear etc was recorded in was it 2005? I don't know what is gained by trying to recover the heavy DC Motor and AC generator.

I have no difficulty in accepting that Bride or Phillips shut down the electricity supply in the Silent Room, and that there is evidence of tuning having taken place on the equipment in the Silent Room. But one is tempted to say 'So what?' It doesn't add anything of importance to research of Titanic to my mind.

Anyway, that is my take on this matter, for what it is worth.

Cheers,

Julian

Reactions: 1 users
Nov 14, 2005
I guess Parks will be happy. I can understand where he's coming from being a radio guy and all. But if they do get go after it after all the appeals I hope they don't end up collapsing more of the structure when they go to yank it out. That would look pretty bad.

B

Bob_Read

I’m surprised at this ruling but I approve. However, from some of Parks’s last statements It sounded like he was done with Titanic regardless of which way this case went. Did I misinterpret him?

Nov 14, 2005
I’m surprised at this ruling but I approve. However, from some of Parks’s last statements It sounded like he was done with Titanic regardless of which way this case went. Did I misinterpret him?
They last thing I saw him write he sounded like he was done with it but made some sort of statement that in the future things could change. At least thats the way I read it. He sounded like he was disillusioned with a lot that was going on. But that was the jibe I was getting. I don't know him personally and only chatted with him a few times on message boards. But that was like 20 years ago. I hope things work out the best for him as he seems like a good guy and has provided lots of interesting stuff about Titanic.