Create an Olympic Class Liner

May 12, 2009
BEAUTIFUL!!! I can even seen the dome cover over the lounge! You did an amazing work and now it's all even more tragic that the Olympic class type of liners never took off. Aesthetically, at least, they looked gorgeous.

ash briers

May 1, 2008
thanks, i basically drew the entire ship from memory, only needed to look at the promenades, it took me 14 hours straight to do and i did enjoy drawing it very much.

ash briers

May 1, 2008
okay i just got a bit bored waiting for the Britain's Got Talent results show (and im so happy diversity won)but anyway, during the wait for the show i did this:
ATLANTIC PHOTO

ADeblois

Mar 18, 2012
Hey guys, found the perfect thread to post my own "Olympic class" derivative design.

Well, I proudly introduce to you the RMS Regalic, the finest four-stacker to ever sail the oceans.

General Characteristics:
• Gross Tonnage: over 50,000 tons
• Length overall: 904 feet
• Length between perpendiculars: 870 feet
• Beam, molded: 96 feet (maximum width is 96.5 feet – over boat deck)
• Hull depth: 66 feet 3 inches
• Normal draft: 35 feet 6 inches
• Normal displacement: 57,000 long tons (block coefficient = 0.673) @ normal draft
• Service speed: 22 knots (25.3 mph)
• Maximum speed: 24 knots (27.6 mph)
• Propulsion Engines: diesel-electric powering three propellers
• Passenger capacity: 1,500 passengers

Miscellaneous dimensions:
• Height from keel to boat deck: 96 feet 6 inches
• Height from keel to top of captain’s house (bridge): 109 feet
• Height of funnels above boat deck: 86.5 feet
• Total height from keel to top of funnels: 183 feet

Just to state this openly, I am not merely posting this as a sort of "fanciful" project, because I intend to actually design and build this ship in the future.
Tell me what you guys think of the design so far...

Yourj Benig

Apr 27, 2012
Manila, Philippines
NEW OLYMPIC CLASS — RMS Caesauric
Another Olympic Class ship, named RMS Caesauric derived from King Caesar Augustus. After Titanic sank, White Star Line, decided to build another ship, but they knew that it would not going to be the largest but it surely be the world’s luxurious ship at the time. Caesauric had been through safety improvements along with the RMS Britannic. Including the raising of Watertight bulkheads up to C — deck, extending the double hull on both sides and adding lifeboats. the two ships were also have few similarities on their features, except that the Caesauric had no gantry davits. Both two ships were requisitioned as a hospital ship by the British Army just before they’ll have their first voyage as a transatlantic liner. Caesauric made as successful voyage as a hospital ship, when the war ended, few of her sister ship’s fixtures and fittings was put into her, except the Grand Pipe Organ, it was put into a museum instead on her.

General Characteristics:
- Gross Tonnage: 50,320 tons- Length overall: 899 feet*- Beam: 95 feet - Hull depth: 65 feet
- Normal draft: 36 feet 6 inches*- Service speed: 21 knots*- Maximum speed: 25 knots
- Propulsion Engines: diesel-electric powering Two 3-blade wing propellers and one 4-blade centre propeller
- Passenger capacity: 1789, maximum - 2,687 passengers*
Lifeboat: 30 Lifeboats ( 20 clinker built wooden boats, 4 wooden cutter 6 Collapsible boats)
Lifeboat Capacity: 2,010 passengers
Decks: 11 ( A — G )
Funnels: 4
CAREER:
Maiden Voyage: May 10, 1916 (as a hospital ship) March 20, 1919 ( for the first time as a passenger ship)
RMS PACIFIC C - deck.jpg
Pcificdeckplan_d.jpg
pacificdeckplan_boat.jpg
Pacific  B - deck.jpg
pcifxxcdeckplan_a.jpg

Pacific  B - deck.jpg

pacificdeckplan_boat.jpg

Pcificdeckplan_d.jpg

pcifxxcdeckplan_a.jpg

RMS PACIFIC C - deck.jpg

Jun 3, 2020
Now THIS outta be interesting!

(Keep in mind this will make more sense by knowing in this hypothetical universe, the Britannic survived the war.)

As a celebratory gift to the public after the war, the White Star Line released concept art of the fourth member of the Olympic class: the RMS Oceanic (III)!

Launched in November 1921 and put into service in August 1922
289721DF-5DEC-473B-A81C-E08E76EC22A0.jpeg

Added features not found on Olympic or Britannic:

(A shrunken Smoke Room, with the excess space replaced with a dedicated First Class Library.
(The Reading and Writing room extension converted into an open-air Coffee Parlor.
(A separated bridge, similar to Queen Mary’s. [probably a bit questionable for an Olympic class ship but...whatever.]
(The pool now lavishly decorated with dark woods and a light-green Greek styled tile design.
(Redesigned First Class corridors.
(A cloak room in the elevator foyer on D deck.
(Updated galleys in all three classes.
(The Third Class General Room has been cut in half, with the excess space replaced with a library for 3rd class filled with language-to-language dictionaries and books about the “new world”.
(More public lavatories.
(A more fully enclosed 3rd class promenade deck, with those separate windows with the retractable glass.
(A more Aquitania-styled look to the superstructure.
(And finally, Forecastle deck expansions along the tops of the sides of the forward well deck.

What do ya think?

Last edited: