Crew Picture

Ryan Burns

Ryan Burns

The Ist image on yesterday's post you confirm with a question mark is John Hopkins, the same image you now confirm is Charles Pascoe without a question mark. A bit strange?

Why is it strange? As I was making those I was still in the process of IDing them. I thought that guy might have been Hopkins but after finding a better pic of Pascoe, I'm now thinking that guy is almost certainly Pascoe (virtually identical protruding cheekbones and ears). Did I not explain myself well enough in the post?

So what's a bit strange?

A passing statement Ryan. Let's face it, I live in a free country with freedom of speech.

Ryan Burns

Ryan Burns

A passing statement Ryan. Let's face it, I live in a free country with freedom of speech.

Freedom of Speech only means that the government can't stifle your speech, fwiw. At any rate, I think you mistook the tone of my response. There was no hostility in it.

Ryan Burns

Ryan Burns

Surely you can express whatever thoughts you have but, in my opinion, your comment wasn't constructive at all.

I don't mind it not being constructive, I'm just confused as to what was so "strange" about me changing the picture based on new data I found.

M

Mark Baber

Staff member
Moderator's hat on:

Folks, please refocus this discussion on the subject of the thread.

Moderator's hat off.

Christophe Puttemans

Christophe Puttemans

Let's collect the names we already have:
Crew zpsklwx7ljt

Ryan Burns

Ryan Burns

The man labeled "Viggot" is QM Alfred Olliver. The "unknown" man is Fireman John Thompson.

It could go either way. You add a mustache onto Viggot's 1921 photo and it's really, really close.

Viggot

Then again, Olliver is close too! My only drawback with it being Olliver is that Olliver's complexion and hair color seems a bit lighter than whomever is in the picture.

Oliverdeck

Ryan Burns

Ryan Burns

The "unknown" man is Fireman John Thompson.

Could very well be. They definitely look similar. My only real hesitation comes from the fact that he'd be the only member of the engine crew in the photo, whereas everyone else in the photo is deck crew.

Thompson

Gaston Sam

Gaston Sam

Actually, he is Ernest Archer. The size and shape of his moustache, his eyebrows shape, and the way he is standing with his hands on his back are strong evidences. Besides, Hemming is much shorter, standing at 5' 2¼".